cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java load balancing using Web Dispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed two java instances (different SID's) and want to use the Web Dispatcher to balance the load between these Java instances. The problem is that I can only enter one message server in the Web Dispatcher that it looks at. Currently, the message server port of Java instance 1 has been set. All requests to the Web Dispatcher port will therefore be forwarded to Java instance 1, while Java instance 2 is doing nothing.

How can I configure the Web Dispatcher to balance the load between the two available Java instances?

Regards, Wilbert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by installing a java dialog instance instead of two different java engines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5f/7a343cd46acc68e10000000a114084/content.htm

Is probably the best place to start !

I think you have done the install wrong. Rather than having two different SIDS you need a Java dialogue instance install.

In our setup we have a Central Instance and two dialogue instances, which is far simplier and easier to manage

All have the same PEP for produciton portal. This is needed to allow the central install to see the profiles of the dialogue instances.

The config is then nearlly automatic, just to be finished off in the config tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

I saw that part of the help also. It is what led me to believe that it isn't possible to connect a web dispatcher to two different instances and perform load balancing in that way. I guess I'll remove the instances and install a new central system and a dialog instance.

Could you elaborate on the actions needed in the configtool?

Regards, Wilbert