cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple records to be created for multiple values in a field

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a requirement in which i will have multiple values for a field.The values are seperated by commas.I need a record to be created for each value.(eg: if there are 4 values i need 4 records to be created). Any one please help me out.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkiran,

With what I have understood from the question,I assume you want Different Records to be created for the number of input values.

May be you can try having a graphical mapping in which the different values is the Source and In the Target you can have a Structure with the Main Tag Record.

Then you can pass your input node to NodeFuncion SplitByValue and then pass it to Target.

U can refer below:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

SplitByValue is explained well here.

Regards,

Manjusha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

You can try solve it at File Content Conversion level, by specifing your value separator as the endSeparator.

Or you can import all values as a unique record and then solve it via graphical mapping, using an advanced UDF, where you receive N records, then inside the UDF, you split the values via its separator and create new array values (one for each input value after splitting) and output that array to be used to fill destination structure.

Regards,

Matias.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramkiran,

suppose you have flatfiles (poor description of your process) you can use parameter <Structure>.fieldSeparator for your intention.

[SAP Library: Converting File Content in a Sender Adapter|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Udo