cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visio Plug-in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help! Which files do I need to have in order to see the MDM Workflow stencil in Visio? How do I install them?

Regards,

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

In the client, select workflow tables in the left pane (list of tables). Add a new workflow, name, table associated to, etc. Now, when you click on the workflow visio, it should start the visio professional 2003, and show you the workflow stencil.

At which step is the problem occurring?

Good luck!

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did what Ravi and Savi suggested and it helped. However, when Visio is launched, the menu bar and other toolbars disappear. To make matters worse, when I try to deisgn a workflow, Visio crashes. It appears that a macro is executed when the MDM client tries to launch Visio. It gives me a blank dialog box and, when I click OK, the menubar disappears.

However, when I launch normally Visio (i.e., from the Start menu), Visio behaves well.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems like everything running fine now. I shutdown the Client, not the server. Visio is behaving again. Thanks!!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

You need to have 2003 Visio Professional in place for workflow. There is a separate MDMWorkflowInstall.zip file that comes with the MDM 5.5 SP02 which you can use to install workflow.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that. I also copied the Workflow.vsl into the Visio directory, but that did not do me any good.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Initially I also faced the same problem. However, when I rebooted my system the VISIO started working from MDM.

Regards,

Ravi