Former Member
0 Kudos

While performing application update scenarios for xMDSD2.1 SR02

application in NW 7.0 SPS12,I have encountered the following issues:

Prerequisites:

MI Client:

DSD.EnablePatchDownload=true is set in MobileEngine.config in order to

test the synchronization of patches/add-on from the Application

Synchronization screen of xMDSD 2.1 according to Note 1022196.

MI Server:

After hierarchy is created, users assigned to hierarchy, parameter sets

created, device configuration created and assigned to hierarchy, User

performs deployment of mobile components successfully. After following

assignment of device ID to ME User and Driver/Vehicle linkage in

backend system, synchronization of tour information is performed for

the first time.

Scenarios:

Using Device Configuration:

After performing the upload process, Requesting Patches message in the

Synchronization screen of xMDSD 2.1 application is shown where checks

are being done against the configured device configuration to see

whether a new / replaced application is edited in the device

configuration. After successfully updating the device configuration

wit the new application, the xMDSD2.1 application performs the

following steps:

1. Download the new application

2. Uninstalls the previous application

3. Assigns the application to the mobile ID

4. Restart the MI Client

Issue: 1The assignment of the new application is not done

automatically. The same mobile ID remains assigned in the DSD Connector

table (/DSD/ME_CPT_CHAN). This behavior is not correct. Device ID

should be updated automatically with the recently deployed application

component.

Using Role Synchronization:

After configuring previous prerequisites, a role is assigned to the

device configuration. This role contains inside the MiniApp, in which

the technical name matches the name of the application to be updated on

the mobile client. Report WAF_DEPLOYMENT_FROM_ROLES is executed and

Perform Role Synchronization option is checked. When performing the

test scenario after uploading tour data, Requesting Patches message

appears and the MiniApp is being checked properly.

Issue2: However, the mobile client only downloads the application which

is updated in the MiniApp in the Role and installs it. The system does

not uninstall the current application and assign the new one to the

Driver / Vehicle linkage in the /DSD/ME_CPT_CHAN table.

Hence, while performing both scenarios for correct update of xMDSD

application / patches in the mobile client, these remarks were

encountered.

Please let me know if you need any further information/ detail about

these scenarios in order to perform a deeper analysis.

Thankss to all.

Frank Di Polo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

The issue is not quite as understood in SDN. The problem relies on the automatic uninstall / install of the application after changing the MiniApp in the role assigned to the device configuration, assigned to the hierarchy. This behavior is standard if the change is done in the device configuration (try transaction DEVICE_CONFIG in DXD System, although is your device configuration has more than one component, sequence number is set to 1.) In any case, role synchronization procedure only assigns and installs new application from MiniApp but does not uninstall previous one application from removed MiniApp in role.

This is the problem,

I feel there is some missing coding in the ME.JAR file of the framework (but this file is standard so)

Thanks

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Apply the following note, it should solve the problem.

1. 1128334 (Client Patch)

2. 1127692 (Server Fix)

Regards,

Satyendra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

New thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After performing the changes in the device configuration and performing the upload, the system arises this synchronization error:

- Uploading tour...

---Tour:S0170000002

- Tour upload completed

1/21/08 1:59 PM

-Requesting patches ...

--Exception occurred when processing methodSYSTEMNEWS : java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot switch context because current conversation id is empty : Cannot switch context because current conversation id is empty

--Problems during synchronization: Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway

--Exception occurred when processing synchronization events:Cannot switch context because current conversation id is empty (java.lang.IllegalStateException)

--Exception occurred when processing synchronization events:Cannot switch context because current conversation id is empty (java.lang.IllegalStateException)

--Remove assignment to application: MDSD_21_SR02_401 000013

--Server recognized that some applications are no longer needed on your device. They are now being deinstalled.

--Deinstallation of: MDSD_21_SR02_401 000013 Mobile Direct Store Delivery

--Assignment to application: MDSD_21_SR02_501 000016

--System determined that some required applications are not located on your device. They are now being installed.

--Download of application: MDSD_21_SR02_501 000016

--Installation of: DSK_UPGRADE2 1

--Download of application: MDSD_21_SR02_501 000016: Integration build Cycle 0

--Installation of: MDSD_21_SR02_501 000016: Integration build Cycle 0

--To complete installation restart your device.

Part of trace file:

[20080121 13:02:17:421] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON

[20080121 13:02:17:421] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Infrastructure version: MI 70 SP 12 Patch 8 Build 200712271211

[20080121 13:02:17:421] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current timezone: Europe/Prague[20080121 13:02:17:421] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Trace Level: 60

[20080121 13:02:18:203] W [MI/Services/Os ] ScriptManager found 0 scripts. Maybe script configuration is wrong?

[20080121 13:02:23:140] W [MI/API/Services ] Cannot delete target file (moveFileToDir): C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure (C)\lib\MDSD_21_SR02_501.jar

[20080121 13:02:23:140] W [MI/API/Services ] Move failed from C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure (C)\pending\MDSD_21_SR02_501.jar to C:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure (C)\lib\MDSD_21_SR02_501.jar

[20080121 13:02:23:140] E [MI/Deployment ] com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationException: Problems while installing MDSD_21_SR02_501 out of InstallationScenario DSK_UPGRADE2

com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationException: Problems while installing MDSD_21_SR02_501 out of InstallationScenario DSK_UPGRADE2

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.InstallationScenarioApplicationType.install(InstallationScenarioApplicationType.java:196)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.InstallationScenarioApplicationType.install(InstallationScenarioApplicationType.java:131)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.installApplication(ApplicationManager.java:789)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationSequenceInstallTrigger.continueInstallation(InstallationSequenceInstallTrigger.java:55)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationSequenceInstallTrigger.userLoggedOn(InstallationSequenceInstallTrigger.java:40)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.fireLogon(UserManagerImpl.java:2336)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.logOnUser(UserManagerImpl.java:785)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.logOnUser(UserManagerImpl.java:763)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.LoginDialog.actionOk(LoginDialog.java:377)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.LoginDialog.exitDialogOk(LoginDialog.java:361)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.AWTDialog.handleEvent(AWTDialog.java:99)

at java.awt.Window.postEvent(Window.java:1614)

at java.awt.Component.postEvent(Component.java:3895)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3631)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)

at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1713)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:627)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:831)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:741)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:592)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3506)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:456)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:141)

at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:540)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:454)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

Nested exception:

com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationException: Cannot download installation file

at com.sap.ip.me.core.AwtApplicationType.downloadInstallationFile(AwtApplicationType.java:349)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.AwtApplicationType.install(AwtApplicationType.java:62)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.installApplication(ApplicationManager.java:791)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.InstallationScenarioApplicationType.install(InstallationScenarioApplicationType.java:189)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.InstallationScenarioApplicationType.install(InstallationScenarioApplicationType.java:131)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.ApplicationManager.installApplication(ApplicationManager.java:789)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationSequenceInstallTrigger.continueInstallation(InstallationSequenceInstallTrigger.java:55)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.InstallationSequenceInstallTrigger.userLoggedOn(InstallationSequenceInstallTrigger.java:40)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.fireLogon(UserManagerImpl.java:2336)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.logOnUser(UserManagerImpl.java:785)

at com.sap.ip.me.core.UserManagerImpl.logOnUser(UserManagerImpl.java:763)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.LoginDialog.actionOk(LoginDialog.java:377)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.LoginDialog.exitDialogOk(LoginDialog.java:361)

at com.sap.ip.me.awtapps.home.AWTDialog.handleEvent(AWTDialog.java:99)

at java.awt.Window.postEvent(Window.java:1614)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3631)

at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1713)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:627)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:831)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:741)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:592)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3506)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:456)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:141)

at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:540)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:178)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:454)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

[20080121 13:04:22:531] W [MI/Sync ] Container Type:R,Id:47927980AECA0BA3E10000000A126235,SId:0,Items:0,MaxI:0 does not contain a conversation id, use defaull: MI46443032435a4558 / 4792758FAECA0BA3E10000000A126235 (User: FD02CZEX, MSD: Name: / MOBILEENGINE_AWT (V. 70128), Target=, Type=com.sap.ip.me.core.FrameworkApplicationType)

Thanks and regards,

satyendra_dhar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subsequent exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Frank,

this problem I had a while ago and I am not totally sure - but:

It was not possibvle to me to change the device config as it was assigned to a hirachy and this hirachy was assigned to a user and their devices.

I think what I did was first to uinsassign all devices from the hirachy, then I was able to change the configuration and then assign them all again. After that while the user synced it was like I expected. Old app was uninstalled, new was installed.

At least I did not create a new object, I did it all in the already excisting objects.

Contact me directly - we can talk about it - no problem. Could be that I got something wring here.

Regards,.

Oliver