cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excise duty capturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

My plant is under excise duty exemption for 10 years, presently there is no excise duty now the customer wants the excise duty to be nil.

but he wants the registers ie., rg23 to updated as if he has paid excise duty to know his benefit from exemption.

can this be possible, can some body guide

thanks

Edited by: varada rajan on Jan 16, 2008 1:06 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Varada rajan

I am sure, for excise duty, you would be maintaining a separate G/L account. So whenever invoice is generated, the respective amount will get updated in the said G/L account. Having said this, why dont you want the duty value to get updated in RG23 when you can very well generate the duty payable report.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think you have not understood the question correctly,

presently there is no out put excise duty for the plant because that is exempted, but he pays input duty for the raw materials.

the customer wants to know that how much he got the benefit of excise exemption taking input excise into consideration

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can move this way, in your pricing procedure u can make teh excise cond. statistical. then bsis this u can generate a report using vbrk , vbrp and konv which will show your net excise liability ( tht wud be payable )

now from the purchase side u can alwys get the duty paid .the net gain/loss wud be the difference of the input and o/p duties.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks saurabh,

can you just clarify me another thing, do i have to implement taxinn procedure and maintain all the registers? here all the materials are excise exempted

i am just asking you how should i approach pricing procedure related configurations. can i do without maintain the country version pricing procedure.

thanks

Edited by: varada rajan on Jan 17, 2008 8:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i do not think u need to mantain the registers until tht is a statutory requiremnt. the report shud be able to suffice all the queries of your client. as for the taxation procedure i guess you will have to do tht as you cannot handle even sales tax related matters /o. another point, u can assign subtotals to the excise cond. so tht the report is faster and efficient.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you saurabh for your answers.

let me sum it up, i have to maintain country version taxinn procedure as i have to maintain tax registers and we need those reports separately.

As far as excise is concerned presently we need to maintain the condition type and make it statistical and then the report thatis been requested can be pulled up accordingly

am i correct, i am not clear on subtotals pl help again

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

no. u need to maintain the txation proc cos u need to take care of sales taxes like VAT and CST and also cos u need the excise cnditions in your pricing proc. these excise cond are defined in the taxation procedure . you do not need excise registers until its a statutory requiremnt.

subtotals are fields where u can store values of important condtions. these fields can then be made to flow in report. SAP allows u to have 6 subtotals per pp. its the 11th col in hte pp from the left.

saurabh