cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to execute process chains using planning function

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i need to execute process chains from web. i know the steps to that needs to be followed for accomplishing the task.

1) RSPC_CHAIN_START ( function module) into which process chain has to be passed

2) create a planning function to invoke the said function module

3) create a function button on web and assign the planning function.

Now the thing is how to create the planning function in BPS. plz provide me a solution with steps. And how to pass the process chain into the function module and handle it.

Thnaks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to tcode BPS0, create a planning area, assign any cube to it. Create a level under that planning area. Create a function (type exit) under teh planning level. Attach a function module to this planning function (there will be 2 steps init and actual execution).

In the attached function write the code to trigger PC

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand

RSPC_CHAIN_START is the standard function module to run a process chain which i want use. Now, how to use the said FM in planning function to achive my task. Do i need to maintain any parameter in planning function inorder to execute the FM. If you know the solution plz explain in detail.

I am very new to BPS..bare me plz

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's no special code for this, if you have created the planning function and attached the function module created by you. Please call the chain start FM in the custom FM.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can run process chainfrom planning function type exitfunction. write event triggering program in that code and give the same event to start the process chain.

Regards,

sekhar