cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SM21 and in dev_ms trace file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a issue in our BI 7.0 system.

The error is shown in SM21 transaction as : operating system call connect failed (error no. 239 ).

And if i check the file in dev_ms trace file i found this error message

[Thr 01] *** ERROR => NiBufIIn: message length 1933714725 exceeds max (8388608;hdl 4;peer=156.70.6.219:57448) [nibuf.cpp 3074]

May i know how do i get rid of the error.

Thanks,

NT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

It happens when RFC destination is pointing to offline system. Or For example, if you had RFC connection between PRD > QAS, if QAS is down for maintenance, that error will show up in PRD. Or check for useless RFC's.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Afi,

Yes you are correct. Thanks, I can see this following error in dev_rfc0 file:

• Trace file opened at 20080117 030920 EST SAP-REL 700,0,114 RFC-VER nU 3 911513

=====> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=236

AP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?

BAP Programm: SAPLSALK (Transaction: )

alled function module: RFC_PING

ser: SAPSYS (Client: 000)

estination: abpdc1_ABP_10 (handle: 11, , {478D90A3-B956-3D4B-E100-00009C460649})

rror RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 2323

PIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=20 thRc=236

AP gateway connection failed. Is SAP gateway started?

OST =156.70.109.195

ERV =sapdp10

After seeing this error i deleted the RFC destination abpdc1_ABP_10 from the table RFCDES which is not valid connection.

But even though i am getting the same error again in both dev_ms and dev_rfc0 and also in SM21.

May i know any other way which can give me list of unwanted RFC connections or errors.

Thanks,

Anil

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Check the gateway trace, it should give you the list of connections which are not working properly. Transaction SMGW.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Edited by: Siddhesh Ghag on Jan 17, 2008 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

You are right. Even there i am finding the error with the same RFC destination which i had mentioned previously. But i am not able to find the RFC destination in SM59 because of which i have deleted the entry from table RFCDES as mentioned already.

May i know where else i can find the RFC destination values to be removed or any other suggestion also..

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you still having that error ? Check the timestamps of those errors in your trace files, are those recent errors ?

If they are recent probably they are caused by some external program that is trying to reach the RFC that you recently deleted.

RFCDES and SM59 are the only two places where you can find the RFC destinations.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddish,

I am still facing the same error. May be what you said is right. But how do i come to know which external program.

the scenario is..

"I am facing this error in my quality system. The RFC is pointing from my quality system to my Old Production system which is causing the error."

Thanks,

Anil

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In that case, its most probably a background job in your Quality system that is trying access production via RFC.

Login into the Quality system and check the timestamp of that error.

Use that timestamp in SM37 to search for all background jobs that have executed at about the time that the timestamp indicates.

you should then have a list of jobs that might be of interest to you.

Check each job and see if they are using that RFC..

If its not a background job, its probably a process at the OS level.

Checking at the OS level is another story

Regards,

Siddhesh

tolulope_okusaga
Participant
0 Kudos

I'ld suggest you check all your RFCs.

For you BW system to load from a source, you need the following RFC

- The BW system must have one that connects to itself

- Another that connects from the BW system to the source system.

- One from the the source system to your Bw system.

Also you need to check the loading parameters and timing.

Regards,

Tolulope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the concers. The problem is solved.

Solution: There was a background job which was containing the RFC entry. And that was removed.

Thanks to all,

I have awarded points to everyone.

Thanks

Anil.

Answers (0)