cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS and XI 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone has CMS working with XI 3.0? If anyone has it working then what CMS version and service pack are being used? I am searching through the forum and have not come across many success stories. I just completed TBIT51 training and didn't hear any convincing stories about it.

I just need few opinions. We are planning to implement a pilot project (at most 20 interfaces) and I am debating whether to use simple import/export functionality along with thorough version control and tracking process or use CMS. Thanks in advance for everyone's opinions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shree,

We just installed CMS with SP19 on XI system.

Now what making my head to go around is the creation of track id and track name?

Can you please explain clearly how to assign this track id and track name?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CMS knowledge could be useful. But it is not intented to control versions of Software Components.

This docs could helps:

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/28/xi-software-logistics-solution-iii-cms

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700005550532005E/HowToTransportXIwithCMS.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented CMS sucessfully with SP11 and we didn't have nay issue with the transport ..

shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We investigated using CMS and decided to use the Export/Import for the initial transport, and then the individual Export/Import from the Integration Builder for other updates.

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mark, thanks for your input. What CMS version did you try and why did you all decide to use the Export/Import process at the end? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amjad,

CMS for XI content transport works pretty well, if you have the same SP level for xi and cms or install cms on the xi server.

Filetransport is easier, but you can not track the transports and it is always a manuel step.

regards, Holger