cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have gone through various queries on Sales order BOM..and i have done few settings like in Material master given the item category group as LUMF,Attached BOM in CS01 for the finished goods..and attached the item category LUMFto sales order type.

But still i am not able to get the BOM materials while creating sales order...

Our requirement is to sell a finished good part no which is having BOM of 4 materials...Assemble the 4 parts nos and sell as 1 finished goods product..

Can u please send me step by step configurations involved for the above..

Awaiting immediate reply

Regards

Sudha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess u missed one setting...

in item category--VOV7, u will find field under BIll Of Material/Configuration.....details below

Structure scope A

Application SD01

Mkae above setting, try Va01...ur issue should be resolved

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team

Thanks for ur reply.Tried doing config in Vov7.But while creating sales order it gives the below error.

No item category available(Table 184 ZI22 NORM ZTA2)

When i press enter,then it give the below message and is allowing me to save the sales order..

Structure explosion for item 000010 is not possible..

Please find below my business scenario

1.Finished goods part no is X

2.Components part nos A ,B,C--All these 3 components stocks are available..

We will be creating sales order for the finished goods part no X...And ATP check should be carried out for the components (A,B,C) only and not for finished goods part no X as Finished goods part no will not have any stock.

3.While doing Post goods issue,component stock A,B,C should get reduced .

4.Invoice will be done and customer will receive the invoice for Finished goods items X only and not the components which are inbuilt as customer is receiving finished product..

Settings done

1.Selected in Material master sales org 2,item cateory group as LUMF

2.CS01-Attached components to Finished goods part no

3.Vov7 settings done..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to transaction code VOv4 and maintain the item categoray assignment

Sales order type= OR

ITEM CATEGORY=ERLA

USAGE=

HLEVITCAT=TAP

DFLTC=TAE

Similarly

Sales order type= OR

ITEM CATEGORY=ERLA

USAGE=

HLEVITCAT=TAQ

DFLTC=TAE

similarly

Sales order type= OR

ITEM CATEGORY=LUMF

USAGE=

HLEVITCAT=TAP

DFLTC=TAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

Thanks a lot..Able to go ahead with sales order..

When i enter finished goods item in sales order,it picks up the relevant items available in BOM and checks the ATP..

But while creating delivery ,it is telling no stock available for finished goods.

How to avoid this...

Regards

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

Hope that your schedule line is clear to create the delivery document.

If in the delivery document if the stock is not getting updated to be picked then you need to check the ATP checking rule for your delivery document.

Check for which checking rule your delivery stock is getting updated in the Tcode Co09.

Check the result and let know.

Karthik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Have tried all the options suggested by you people..

Still iam not able to achieve the below requirement

1.Finished goods item for which item category group is put as LUMF--This item too is appearing in delivery....

I need to make this item as delivery not relevant and only components attached to this item in BOM should appear in delivery

2.In invoice Finished goods item should appear along with the BOM components...

Hope i can keep General item category group as NORM ..for both Finished goods and BOM components..

For BOM components ,i had kept item category group as normal as we may sell this coponent separately also..

Please help us urgently

Regards

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

My problem is solved.Thanks to all for helping me to solve the problem

Tried all combination with item categories...for main item and sub item..

Finally i could configure as per our business requirement..

Invoice will have finished goods item only-Invoice is done with reference to sales order.

Raw materials only will go for delivery and Post goods issue is done. and i stopped raw material billing from delivery as final customer requirement is only the Finished product...

Regards

sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudha,

Can u plz send me the detail customization for Sales BOM?

My client requirement is that i want to make Pricing at header level & in some products at item level.

Also how the inventory can be carried out at header level or item level.

Also how it appears on invoice.

Plz send me some solution for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u need to check whether ur sub items are having Item category of ERLA and BOM Usage is set to 5 in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

bill of material (BOM) describes the different components that together create a product. A BOM for a bicycle, for example, consists of all the parts that make up the bicycle: the frame, the saddle, wheels, and so on.

Process Flow

When you enter the material number of a bill of materials that is relevant for sales order processing, the system displays the material that describes the whole bill of materials as a main item. The individual components are displayed as lower-level items.

There are two ways to process a bill of materials in Sales. Once you have entered a bill of material in a sales order, the system runs pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at:

- Main item level if the material is assembled, or

- Component level if the material is not assembled

The type of processing used by the system is determined by the item category group that you enter in the material master record for relevant materials.

Processing at Main Item Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at main item level, enter ERLA in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. This means that the components only function as text items and are not relevant for delivery. The following graphic shows how a bill of material is processed at main item level.

Processing at Component Level

If you want the system to carry out pricing, inventory control, and delivery processing at the component level, enter LUMF in the Item category group field of the Sales: sales org. 2 screen in the material master record of the finished product. In this case, only the components are relevant for delivery. During processing the system automatically creates a delivery group. The latest delivery date among all the components becomes the delivery date for the entire delivery group.

then go to transaction code CS01

enter the materail , plant, BOM usage=5,

then enter Litem=L , and the material you want to give under material

Regards,

Murali

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudha

Since you want to sell a finished product, you can certainly maintain as NORM for all the components and finished product as well.

Meanwhile, I am also not sure why you specifically have indicated "Sales BOM". If I understood your requirement correctly, the finished product that you are selling has several components (say x1 to x8) which has already been assigned by your production people and you want to sell only a few components out of that.

In that case, go to CS01, select BOM Usage as "5" and give Header Material and press enter.

Now you will have the option to assign sub components for the header material. Here give x1, x2 & x3 with Item Category as "L" and save. By doing so, whenever you do PGI, stock will get reduced for these 3 components only.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi