cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to display Developer Studio help

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to display Help within Developer Studio, I get an error window saying the page cannot be displayed. In the window, it has:

Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). (12202)

Well, how am I supposed to tell our support people what the problem is if developer studio will not tell me the exact URL it's trying to access?

Help was working a few weeks ago but broke last week. Another developer has the same problem so it's not just my workstation.

Message was edited by: Craig Knelsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we have fixed it. We have Mozilla Firefox installed because IE is a piece of ..... I initially changed the help setting to "Default System Browser". Help then started to display in Firefox (as it's my default browser). However, after I logged off/on, this stopped working and the original problem resurfaced. I have now changed it to use a custom browser and pointed it to Firefox. Now help displays again in Firefox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

this is a strange problem but I remember I had this also some time ago.

Just as background, eclipse seems to start a tomcat server as webserver for the helpcontent. The help window than is nothin g else than just an embedded browser. Try to start a normal webbrowser with this URL :

http://127.0.0.1:1527/help/index.jsp

(I am not sure if the port is the same on every machine).

maybe your proxy settings prevent this call.

rgds

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I have just checked on another machine, the port for the help is always on a different port. You can set the port under Windows->Preferences->Help->Help Server

rgds

David