Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting message "Scripting Is Not Allowed in Current eCATT Syst" in SECATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While doing SECATT, I am getting information message saying "Scripting Is Not Allowed in Current eCATT System or on Current Server" while recording. Do I need to mention the SystemData Container also. Is it mondatory ?

Urgent help needed. it's very urgent.

Thanks,

bsv.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a client setting. Speak to your Basis team to get them to perform the necessary unlock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To enable ECATT or CATT scripts at the client level goto transaction SCC4 --> and double click on the client you are looking for and then you can see a drop down box with a heading of CATT and eCATT Restrictions, click on the drop down box and select eCATT and CATT allowed and then save the settings. This will allow catt and ecatt scripts on the give client.

Second option would be to run script by using a RFC destination from a client which already has scripting enabled. If you need more info on this let me know I can guide you,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I already have the settings done in my system as per what you said but I get a message reading "Scripting Is Not Allowed in Current eCATT System or on Current Server" while I try to configure the building blocks. What do I do to solve this. Please help me resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Sagar.K

0 Kudos

Could you please post your client settings so we can review them?

Edit:

I've been trying to reproduce the problem but did not get the same message. I did get a lot of info on the subject at [help.sap.com|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/EN/78/535b736b899f468e2bf0912aa93680/frameset.htm].

That should get you on your way. Turns out there's more than the client settings.

Hope this helps

Jurjen

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Feb 2, 2008 2:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls go through this document.

http://www.qsands.com/qsands_eCATT_step_by_step.pdf

if it is useful reward some points

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to change the client settings in SCC4 in CATT & ECATT restrictions to eCATT & CATT allowed. Usually basis has access to this transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> While doing SECATT, I am getting information message saying "Scripting Is Not Allowed in Current eCATT System or on Current Server" while recording.

The other posters have answered this

>

> Do I need to mention the SystemData Container also. Is it mondatory ?

No it's not mandatory & will work if you don't use it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

There is more to ECATT in the newer versions (eg ECC6) than just amending SCC4.

Parameter sapgui/user_scripting needs to be set to TRUE, default is FALSE

User's own GUI settings need to be set to allow scripting, but disable the popups that warn you about a script, else you will get little pop-up warnings with each line of your import variant.

Customising Local layout > Scripting > Check Enable scripting & Uncheck Notify When a Script Attaches to a Running GUI & Uncheck Notify When a Script Opens a Connection

Obviously you'll also need the right authorisations.

I found I needed to create a System Data Container that just referenced the development system I was recording in.

In SCC4 you not only need the eCATT allowed setting, you will also need the Repository open (for creating the eCATT objects, they are workbench.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the following in SE06:

Click on System Change Option in SE06 transaction and check whether Software Components and Namespacess are set to Modifiable.

If not set it to modifialble through Edit drop down menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute transaction RZ11 and change parameter sapgui/user_scripting to TRUE.

Note that sapgui/user_scripting automatically resets back to its default values (FALSE) when the application is restarted

Then enable scripting on the front end by the below process.

Click on Customizing of Local Layout button ( alt +F12). then

Select Options/Scripting and make sure “Enable Scripting is Selected”.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is also a link to a security guide on scripting in this thread:

(logon to SAP Service Marketplace required).

Cheers,

Julius