cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository Outdated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am trying to practise the sample Exercise_Workflow.a2a which is a part of MDM OKP a 130 MB sample archive.

When I try to unarchive this repository it takes a couple of minutes then shows me a success message but then there is no way to access it (no tree structure) and the status is shown as Outdated!

What does an outdated repository mean?

How can I access this repository as the exercise I am trying to take a look at are based on this repository.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Anant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What does an outdated repository mean?

This message seems strange !! Are you using a new version of the archive file when compared to the Console & server version??

If we use a older archive file than the console & server version, then we get a status "Outdated and stopped". In that case you should try "Update repository".

So, for your case, my suggetion is you check the versions.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sirinivas

Looks like you are correct .. I was using MDM 5.5 but didnt know what version the repository was.. once i did the update like you mentioned I can access it.

full points awarded

Thanks

Anant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant

this happens when u have versions mismatch. Try updating the repository by right clicking>>Update. It will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Just check with your version of MDM.

this is because of your repository schema is not matching with the current version of MDM Server.just goto your repository in MDM console and you will find an option as "Update Repository".

when you perform this operation on your repository, MDM automatically will take the new schema as per your repository which you are using.

Just try with it. hope this will help you.

Regards,

Saurabh

Reward with points if found helpful.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

this is the standard message for a repository that was created with a MDM Version older than the one you're currently running. It means that there have been changen within the MDM core application (e.g. changen on the database schema, a new database parameter, and so on) that are not yet reflected in your repository. This can happen during different SP levels or (in minor cases) even when you apply a HF to your MDM installation. The issue is quite easy to solve. Right-Click on your repository in MDM Console. The context menu shows you Update Repository as a possible action. Run the update and you will be able to login and use the repository again.

BR Michael