Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport status is not changing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i just installed WAS 6.20 and implemented the TMS like described here:

http://www.geocities.com/incho_master/MiniWAS.htm?200816#_Toc47854816

Now i want to import some tp's (from stms), and the object were imported fine. But somehow the import status keeps the 'big car', and not changes to 'already imported' or 'queued again'. How can i change / influence this status?

Second question: I also have transports which are displayed as 'still running'; but they are not running at all. How can i restart them?

Regards

Christian

SAP_BASIS 620 0024 SAPKB62024 SAP Basis Component

SAP_ABA 620 0024 SAPKA62024 Cross-Application Component

SAP DB 7.3.0.028

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that this thread is already closed but I want to share something I found out today. I had the same problem: the import was running and the status of the import just didn't want to change.

After a few things that I tried in sapgui, I moved to OS. I tried to import with tp import and all I got was:

/usr/sap/trans/tmp/SLOG0808.<SID>.LOC is already in use (1), I'm waiting 5 sec (20080220120841). My name: pid 561342 on <HOST>.

I killed this process and tried again. No change except in pid. I killed this new pid as well and than I renamed this file. I tried once more and it worked.

Edited by: Mustafa Sehic on Feb 20, 2008 12:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check in OS level whether tp and r3trans are running

reg

Umesh k

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can i check that? with command line commands?

former_member366527
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hallo Christian,

I supposse you mean Preview installation.

I have written to this topic already in other [thread|;.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thanks a lot, but i already imported my transports via smts; the only problem i have is that transport status is still 'import runs', but i can see all the objects already there (with some errors due to the conditional mode). But i cannot transport it again, because i always get the message 'transport already running'. So the questions is why the transport hs been stuck in the status 'transport runs', and how can i kill this ongoing transport/change the status.

Regards

Christian

former_member366527
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I remember I had such problem in Preview system too. I deleted the request and took

the request again in the queu.

Or sometimes, it shows the 'lorry', but the request ist already in the system;

check it with SE80 and choose your package there.

Think, it is for training purposes.

Bye, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

thanks for the answer..i deleted the entry of the transport within the import monitor; now the status is shown correctly, and i can import the requests again.

Regards

Christian