cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration for Material for Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have craeted a configurable material in MM01, then created class for using CL01 , its characteristics using CT04, CU41, CT04, VK11, and lastly VA01.

But still while creating sales order it throws error :

Configuration not possible for material PEN_4 :Reason 2 --> Help

(PEN_4 is cofigurable material I have created using MM01.)

What must be the problem? Also is there any BAPI who can create configurable material?

Can anybody help on this issue.

Useful answer will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Madhura Nadgauda.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

if you have already created the material (KMAT), most likely the material type has update settings in your plant. still, it wouldn't hurt for you to double-check using OMS2.

regards.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear please mention the material type. In case it is finish good the standard cost to be maintained. Accounting costing views and COGM to be done.

Please check the above and hope you will be able to find out the solution.

Regards,

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your problem lies in the item category determination. It's the item category and schedule line category that control whether the item is configurable or not. I don't remember the standard SAP item category that does this but the settings under Bill of material/configuration in the item category should be the following:

Config. Strategy 01

Mat. Variant Action 1

Structure scope D

Variant Matchin (ticked)

If those settings are correct then make sure that in your settings for item category determination, the correct item category is determined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes... I agree with the earlier mail, make sure the mateial type you selected as configurable (KMAT). Check whether the variant class selected as 300, make sure the characteristics which you have created are assigned to the class and the class is assigned to the material.

Prase

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the material type you have used. The material type should be either KMAT or FERT. If it is FERT, then the check box "Configurable Material"in Basic view2 of the MMR.

Then you have to assign the class either to the material or to the configuration profile.

Then if everything is fine, you will be able to configure.

If you want to change the material type of your material, you can do it in tcode MMAM