cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking VC screen with UWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please guide me how to make a link between VC screen and UWL(Universal work list). My requirment is that for example:

A and B are two persons. Both are having different UWL in portal. And there is a screen devloped in VC. If A wants to send some information to B then He has to fill in that screen and after submitting, the information will be displayed in B's UWL.

How to achieve this?

Needs urgent help....

Regards

Nutan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Read my answer if you are interested in working with CAF Guided Procedures.....

You can integrate your 2 VC screens (1 for filling the information, 2 for displaying the information) using a CAF GP Process. Your Enterprise Portal UWL can then be configured to receive CAF GP actions as UWL tasks. In this way, when the first user will submit, then the second user can get the task in his UWL.

I have submitted an article on a similar scenario, but I guess it will take a month when it gets published.

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your reply, I have created an callable object for my VC form from where i will enter the task, how this callable object will help me in configuring my UWL.

Regards,

Nutan

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

I am assuming you have made a VC screen which has a form with some input fields and a button. You have put a start point as well as an end point on the Form.

Can you tell me whether you were able to see the output parameters while creating the callable object (as shown in step 8 of this [Exposing the iView as a Callable Object|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/44/42a095709914bce10000000a155369/content.htm]) ?

If the above is done, then proceed with the following steps:

(You will need this article for reference: [How to Integrate Two Web Dynpro Applications Using CAF GP|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0957cb6-5103-2a10-6d9d-a0a4d68c8bf1])

As you said in the beginning, you have two persons. First person fills some information, submits it, and the second person can get the task in his UWL. Clicking the task, the second person can see the details filled by the first person.

1)So just make another VC screen similar to the one you just made. This screen is for the second user. Make sure you put a start point in this screen, and the input parameters are configured with this start point.

2)Make another callable object for this second VC screen. You should be able to see the input parameters while creating the callable object (as shown in step 7 of this [Exposing the iView as a Callable Object|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/44/42a095709914bce10000000a155369/content.htm]).

3)You need to create two separate actions for these two callable objects. See page 29-30 in my doc given above.

4)Put the two actions in a block and map the output parameters of callable object 1 with the input parameters of the callable object 2. See page 31-34.

5)Put the block into a Process. See page 35-36.

You can run the process using your GP Runtime. If everything goes right, then on clicking the Submit button in the first VC screen, the second VC screen will come and fields will be filled with the details entered in the first screen.

Bye

Ankur

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

The above tasks will keep you occupied for some time

Let me tell you what has to be done next.

1) See page 36 of my doc. I have explained to change the Role Type to "Initiator" for all the Processors. Change the Role Type of the Processor of your second action to "Initiation-Defined".

2) Open the Default Roles tab of the Process. I guess you will see 1 Processor, that of you second action (this is because you have changed the Role Type to Initiation Defined, and that is why you need to explicitly define it now).

3) Click on "Add Default" button, and search for the user (in whose UWL you want the task to go).

4) Add this user to the Processor, and activate the Process again.

Now your CAF GP Process is complete. We will configure the UWL now.

5) Follow the procedure given in this blog: [Guided Procedures: Runtime in Universal Worklist|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3605] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

to configure your Enterprise Portal UWL to receive CAF GP tasks.

Run you process from the GP Runtime. If everything goes right, then on clicking the Submit button in your first VC screen, you will get a message that action is ready to be processed by another user. Login with the user (whom you selected in step 3 above), and in his UWL you will see that the action is present as a task to be completed. You can click on it to see the details filled by the user 1.

Bye

Ankur

Do reward points for helpful as well as solved answers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I think i almost got the solution, but i have created till block level but in block i have selected output parameter of first Callable object and input parameter of second callable object but i am not able to find group button as it was specified in the document which you have send. Can you please suggest how to proceed.

Regards,

Lakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I have done everything as you suggested but after creating the process when i execute its giving

"The portal page builder required to execute this callable object is not available. "

Is portal page builder some thing to be installed or error with my application???

Regards,

Lakshmi

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

This happens quite a few times. I would not be able to tell you the reason though, but I can tell you thing. Whenever I make callable objects of this type (using VC applications), I get this very error message if I try to run the process using the Instantiation tab. In the doc, the callable objects are made from Web Dynpro applications.

I suggest you run the Process using GP Runtime. If you are unable to understand how, look at 19 of this doc under heading Initiate a Process:

[My First Process in Guided Procedures|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/595f0a7b-0601-0010-68a6-a8229d35f578]

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your reply, I have followed all the steps and by your suggestion i had check the process in GP runtime its working fine, but when i give the values for the 1st VC screen in VC and click on submit, i should get the same thing in UWL. Can you please guide me in this. Any eventing or something should be used for GP to run it and then display in UWL?? please suggest me in this

Regards,

Prasanna

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Can you tell me what do you see when you click submit on the first VC screen?

Ideally you should see the message:

Action is ready for processing by another user or role

If you are able to see this message, only then the process will go to the UWL of the user who is assigned the next action. (Take note of this fact that you will be able to see the task in the UWL of second user. I hope you are not checking in the UWL of the first user itself.)

If you are not able to see this message, then there is something wrong. You will need to check the Process again, whether the assigning of users to actions has been done correctly or not.

Bye

Ankur

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

Did your problem get solved, or are you still facing some problem...

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Still i am facing some problem. I have followed all the steps suggested by you. In GP runtime i am able to see the output correctly( If i give some details and submit i am seeing them in the UWL of second user).But how to do it from VC.i.e if i enter the details and submit it in Visual composer itself( Not in GP runtime) i should get the details in UWL of second user. As of now if i am executing the process manually in GP runtime output is comming but i want it from VIsual Composer.

Please suggest the steps how to go further.

Thanks & regards

prasanna.

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

....but i want it from VIsual Composer....

What do you mean by this? Visual Composer is a tool for developing. When you create an application in Visual Composer, it is as such of no use, as long as you don't create a Portal iView out of it, and present it to the end user. Do you understand the point?

Same is the case of Guided Procedures. You have created a process, but as such it is of no use, as long as it is not presented to the end user.

I wouldn't be able to explain to you the entire procedure of how a CAF GP process can be presented to the end user until my article gets published. Till then you can try doing this using this blog:

[How To Present Your GP Processes To The End User|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5974] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

What this blog will actually help you to do is that you will be able to create an iView out of your GP Process. This iView can then be added to a role, which can then be assigned to a user. So when you are able to do till here, all you need to do is that assign this role to the user of your first VC screen. (User of second VC screen does not need the role to be assigned since he only needs to open the process when the control is on second screen, and this he can retrieve from his UWL). So now first user can start the process by opening the assgned role.

I hope you have understood what I am trying to say...

Bye

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ankur,

Thanks for your reply, but it is related to webdynpro, i am not able to find where to give that GP process id in VC portal iview.

Please guide me in this.

Thanks & Regards

Prasanna

ankur_garg5
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prasanna,

It is not related to Web Dynpro. The point is a Web Dynpro iView is what is need to be made for doing this.

Give me your email id.

Bye

Ankur

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi nutan,

You can call a Visual Composer model from the UWL. You can configure the UWL workflow task accordingly, indicate VC model as iview and indicate workitem Id as WI_ID parameter :

<Property
name="iviewDynamicParameter"
value="WI_ID=${item.externalId}"/>

<Property

name="iview"
value="pcd:portal_content/pcc_portal_application/xxx/yyy.uwl_task_VC"/>

In VC model, set a start point with a string data parameter called WI_ID.

When calling the model this parameter is automatically filled.

Rgds

Gilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nutan,

as Ankur mentioned you should use for your requirements the CAF Guided Procedure. A good step by step solution is described in the [help.sap.com|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/de/44/429bbd709914bce10000000a155369/content.htm].

Best Regards,

Marcel