cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get the system defined in Portal into Visual Composer 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have defined a system in portal and now i want to use this system in Visual Composer for creating model.

At present clicking on system optin in VC give none.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manorama,

1. Did you try testing these systems from portal itself and was the connection test successful?

2. If 1 was good then just try to refresh your VC browser once or twice and try opening the find data panel. These worked for me many times. If I ever faced the issue like you then I just refreshed the VC browser and then immediately after opening the model I used to click on the find data panel and it always worked :). Hope this works for you too.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this post:

I tried it and it works.

Also, the VCRole must have Read with End User access for the system in question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check how to resolve visual composer issues:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/92d80512-0a01-0010-32a3-cd3735bd...

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mona

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do the same thing...

Is there a way to retrieve the value for wap.ITS.HostName from a system alias such as SAP_R3 into a variable within Visual Composer?

Thanks,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manorama,

1) If you have already created a portal system as mentioned in following blog

/people/marcel.salein/blog/2007/03/14/how-to-create-a-portal-system-for-using-it-in-visual-composer

2) If not, then try to create the same. Do not forgot to give the Alias name .

3) After creating a system, log on to the VC, Create one iView.

4) Now Click on "Find Data" button from the list which you can view in right side to Visual composer screen.

5) After clicking on "Find Data" button, it will ask for System. If you have created your system correctly and Alias name is given properly, then your mentioned Alias name is appeared in that list.

6) Select your system Alias name and perform search.

7) It will display all the BAPIs and RFCs in your systems.

😎 Select required BAPI and develop the VC application.

Please let me know if you any further problems.

Thanks,

Prashant

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking how to get the portal url in a visual composer variable.

In fact I'm calling some web templates from visual composer models with the HTML component. But the url will be the same in dev and prod.... That's my issue. If it could be easy it could be better : )

Danke sehr,

Thibaut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you can use a relative URL to your WAD templates (depending to your PCD). Or You use a portal webservice which returns the portal URL (host and port). Maybe there is a blog about such a service.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the permissions?

Also check my [weblog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6068] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Best Regards,

Marcel