cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM integration with Microsoft .net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are a Microsoft shop. All the components provided by MDM to access its functionality are in Java. Any ideas as to how we can use the components written in Java? Are there any web services interfaces that are exposed.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

If you are talking about MDM 5.5, it comes with two different APIs - Java API and COM API. May be you can use COM APIs to integrate all your Microsogt applications.

Out of the box Web Services are not available as of now and expected in future releases.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajani! Is the COM API as good/complete as the Java API?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I believe so. I have some exposure to Java APi but I never worked with COM API.

All the best,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajani! Are there some API's to import data into MDM.( Writing/updating data and not just querying)

Also how does MDM do an automatic import of data? What I mean is there a job that we can schedule to run in the middle of the night?

Can it acccept the data in XML format based on the model that we have defined and then do an automatic data load?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

You can use APIs to update data in MDM.

You have different client tools that come with MDM. You have Import Manager and Import Manager Batch to handle importing of bulk data. You can use import manager batch tool to run the import in the batch mode. You can create a batch file with the import manager batch tool commands and schedule it at the OS level.

MDM accepts data in XML format.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

The COM and Java API's provided with MDM are both complete API's for programmatic manipulation, searching and processing of MDM repositories. The COM API can be used directly in any DotNet application or any other framework that supports COM.

Both the API's contain very similar object and function structures, with minor differences here and there. For example, the main catalog object is called "Catalog" in the COM API, and "CatalogData" in the Java API.

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find the COM Library Reference Guide?