cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI scenarios using Sender RFC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I am eager to know what kind of XI scenarios use sender RFC Adapter, can u give an example,

does this mean........executing a RFC in a R/3 system and the result of the execution goes to XI.....or,

does this means, like a sender JDBC Adpter, from XI, triggering execution of a RFC on a R/3, and getting back the result into XI............

can i have a step by step blog to create such a scenario....

thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

1. Does this mean........executing a RFC in a R/3 system and the result of the execution goes to XI.

Ans: Yes, but to perform that scenario you need a TCP\IP connection, an ABAP report calling RFC in background, RFC response have to send to XI. and RFC response should be mapped with target structure. This is asynchronious in nature.

2. Does this means, like a sender JDBC Adpter, from XI, triggering execution of a RFC on a R/3, and getting back the result into XI.

Ans: Yes, you can send a request to R3 system for some specific records on some search/matching criteria. and get back the information you required.

This is a Synchronious communication.

Rewards if found helpful.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok ...thanks a lot,.....

As far as the first point is concerned....i got it,

but for the second point,

<<Yes, you can send a request to R3 system for some specific records on some search/matching criteria. and get back the information you required.

This is a Synchronious communication.

>>

are u tlking about sync receiver RFC adapter....

CAN u pleasee provide me some step by step example blog....

one more thing, in a blog explained by michal, about configuring sender RFC adapter,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

he tlks about making a RFC destination and he says

" Make sure you select Registered Server Program option before writing your program ID " and

"Write you program ID"

what does Program ID means........can u pls above two lines.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Sorry for late reply.

Yes the 2nd reply was for receiver RFC.

1. As i mentioned To configure Sender RFC you need TCP\IP connection. in that connection you will use the option registered server program and will mention a program ID there.

2. Sudeep just remember, please configure RFC sender on XI side first and give a Program ID there, gateway service, host and login of your R3 system. Program id can be any string your name also. and please dont forget to activate the channel before going to R3 side.

3. Then configure RFC in R3 side, and mention that same program id. mention your gateway host as R3 name or IP and you can get the gateway service from Tcode smgw. it must be something like smgw<xx>.

and for ur information the program id is nothing but an identity on which basis the R3 system will search that which server object is active using that program id.

4. when you will write a report to execute that RFC in background, use Commit work as last statement.

Please let me know if you want any further information.

Rewrds if found helpful,

Regrds,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

alok,

great information....

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here are the links which gives you guidelines to proceed ahead as well as it will tell you where we need sender RFC.

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2006/12/28/send-rfc-to-sap-xi-150-asynchronous

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Please Rewards Points if helpful.

Sadhna