cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad hoc queries in XI on XML messages ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I often have to get information out of several messages in XI, is there a way of querying a group of XML'S. For the value in a field or multiple fields ? (ie give me the value of <tag_ID> in these 3 messages)

Or searching for a particular message by giving the value required in a particular tag ?(ie. find me message where <tag_id> = RANDOM_DATA)

For example

I have several thousand WPUFIB'S (IDOC TYPE) coming in from our legacy systems, I would like to be able to query all of the messages going through this interface for their site number for instance. So I would know all sites that have posted their WPUFIB'S in any given time frame.

At the moment I am using time stamps and guess work when I wish to look more carefully at a message in XI, instead of being able to find messages immediately.....

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

You need to have TREX installed to achieve this. TREX basically is a search engine. There are guides and weblogs available in SDN that describe the installation/configuration of TREX with XI.

Also, there is a weblog by Sravya where she has used a custom ABAP report to achieve this. Just search SDN using key words "Payload based search". You will get that.

Good luck.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (0)