cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I Have done a Proxy->File Scenarion . Whenever File is kept in Directory ,I need to raise a Alert 'saying that file is kept in the Folder, For this I Have defined Alert Catagoreis in ALRTCATDEF . I Need to defne a Alert rule for this . is there any option is there in Runtime workbench->AlertConfiguration->AlertRules

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Using standard Alert Functionality you wont be able to raise a alert using the way you want.

ie. Alerts will be triggered whenever a error happens in AE/IE provided the rules are defined.

Now suppose if in your case while writing the file , the file adapter errors out in File Content Conversion or not able to connect to FTP server, then the file adapter will raise a alert.

Yes to define rules go Runtime workbench->AlertConfiguration->AlertRules - Enter Description , Enter Conditions for which the alert should be raised.. Select if the rule is applicable for IE/AE.

If you want to raise alert/send email after file is written by file adapter , then you can use the Option in File Adapter ..Run Operating System Command after.....

If your XI server is installed in a Unix server then i believe there is a unix command which you can use to send mail..

Else if it is in windows search in google(i dont remember the name) .. you will get quite a few softwares.. you can use them to send mail....

Regards,

Sumit

Regards,

Sumit