cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro and EP6 portal navigation / eventing requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the EP6 portal requirements for the portal eventing and portal navigation features?

I have followed the Howto and succesfully created web dynpro iViews of my components. However, when I try to use the Portal Eventing API or the Portal Navigation API, absolutely nothing happens. I noticed that there is a disclaimer in the Portal Eventing document that this is for 6.30. What does this mean?

I am running EP 6.0.2.3.2 [ 60_SP2P3_REL ] on one machine and WAS 6.40 preview on another. They are both on the same domain. The EP6 portal is running on top of J2EE Engine 6.20.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@thomas: did you resolve your problem? I'm experiencing the same issue even if I have both Portal and Web AS on the same machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved my problem: For any reason that I don't know eventing doesn't work, if you access your portal typing http://localhost:50000/irj. in your browser.

Just using the name of my machine instead did the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

You have exactly the requirements you would need to run portal eventing. I am not quite sure, if only your machines are in the same domain, you need to have your systems within the same domain as well, like this:

"server1.wd.wdf.sap.corp"

"server2.wd.wdf.sap.corp"

->"server2.wd.phl.sap.corp" would not work

Domain does not mean the Windows domain!

Could you please check that again?

Hope that helps!

Karin

Former Member
0 Kudos