cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock password basis locked user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have this user, where password is locked, NOT USER LOCK. PASSWORD LOCK.

I am unable to unlock this user password. I tried through http://host:port/useradmin -- No luck

I tried through Visual admin, no LUCK. When I try to unlock this in Visual..I get this message 'Unable unlock user!" Details are available in Staus bar"...but no details in the staus bar

Does anyone knows how to unlock password?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad you resolved it Kumar :-). Thank you for sharing !

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, whenever you are changing a password in user management in Visual Admin and you see a message "Details are available in Staus bar", you will find a red colored exclamation sign in the right bottom corner of the screen. You need to double click on the same to see the details of the exception that occured. You may find an error depending on the issue that time.

For e.g :

Caused by: com.sap.security.api.InvalidPasswordException: ALPHANUM_REQUIRED_FOR_PSWD

at com.sap.security.core.logon.imp.SecurityPolicy.isPasswordValid(SecurityPolicy.java:458)

at com.sap.security.core.logon.imp.SecurityPolicy.isPasswordValid(SecurityPolicy.java:431)

at com.sap.security.core.imp.AbstractUserAccount.setPassword(AbstractUserAccount.java:1435)

at com.sap.security.core.server.userstore.UserInfoUME.engineSetPassword(UserInfoUME.java:433)

... 12 more

which means the password is not adhering to the password rules and so was not set.. Just an example !

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Please refer to this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/af3ac012d32e78e10000000a155369/content.htm

Section: Password Unlock

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for help. Because of I had 2 clients, I was looking at other client...but Java was stil pooting to old client..that is why I was unable to do it.

Thanks

Kumar