cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing profile parametres in RZ11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

in ECC6.0 i could not change the profile parameters in RZ11, i can do it in RZ10 and every time i change any parameter i had to restart the sap system. Is there any setting in RZ11 which enables the changing of parameters with out restarting the sap system?

thanks in advance.

sandeep.m

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

When you execute RZ11 and check parameter icm/keep_alive_timeout, do you see a field called 'DynamicallySwitchable' with a checkbox ?

If you check the info, it does say, checking this box will make it dynamically switchable.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal,

I was not able to check that field, I was unable to change anything in that parameter. Do u know how to enable that setting?

-sandeep

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that Sandeep

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I did some more research into it. There is no way to make a parameter dynamically changeable unless provided that way in that kernel release.

The checkbox is to indicate whether the parameter is already dynamically changeable or not and if one can change its value or not.

For e.g. icm/conn_timeout is a dynamically changeable parameter. Enter that into the field and go to the details. The checkbox is checked indicating its dynamically changeable. Now, if you click on Edit -> 'Change Value' option would be enabled. If you select that, you can change the value of this dynamically changeable parameter's "value" and there is also a checkbox that let you apply it to all servers.

To check all the dynamic parameters you could execute RZ11 and use Goto-> All Dynamic Parameters to see the current list.

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal,

thank you for ur reply, i got clear idea on this.

i awarded points for u.

-sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saneep,

For some parameters you need a restart and for others (dynamic changeable parameters), you do not. RZ11 can be used to change the dynamic changeable parameters. The changes are only in the shared memory, after restart the new values are lost. To make them permanent you've got to add them to the instance or default profile(using RZ10).

The general rule is to restart the instance for an instance parameter and restart R/3 for a default parameter.

You could refer to the link to see more details about changing parameters using RZ10 http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c4/3a6247505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

You can use the ABAP program RSPARAM to find out which parameters are active for a particular SAP instance.

Best Regards,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi snehal,

thank you for you reply,

my doubt is can we change parameters to dynamically changeable? because in CRM server i can change icm/keep_alive_timeout parameter but not in ecc6.0 server. In ecc i could not get the change option. Is there any setting which makes them dynamically changeable?

-sandeep