cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC ( WS-->XI --> R/3) Receiver Port

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello i am having issues with IDOC post on R/3 via XI. The issue is with receiver port. I am populating values of Message variant and message function in Mapping and nothing else were populated.

As per SAP documentation RCVPOR variable will be populated from receiver adapter whether "Apply control record from payload is checked or not".

This value RCVPOR is being populated control record of idoc when "Apply control record from payload" is unchecked . when its checked its not . please comment

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bujji,

did you see the RCVPOR in your payload?? if yes then select all the three check boxes in adapter refers to payload.

basically there are two ways to send Receiver and Sender details to R/3, one is from payload and the other is from configuration.

if you check the "Apply Control record from payload"

along with this you shd check "Take Sender from payload" and "Take Reciever from payload". then it should work.

if you uncheck Apply control record from payload then it will take these details from SLD. Make sure that these are given there.

Regards,

Sukarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey sukarna, i think u misunderstood. Only info in payload is Message Function. This is what i am going to Send to R/3. RCVPOR is not going to be there in payload.

RCVPOR has to be populated from Receiver adapter no matter whether we check"apply from payload" option. as this option only assigns certain parameters from payload and rest including RCVPOR should be populated from Receiver adapter metadata. But when checked this is not happening when checked Receiver port is emply on R/3 which i think is not supposed to be.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bujji,

in your payload you are not having RCVPOR that is the reason your not getting that details when u unchecked "apply from Payload". it will take data from the reciever metadata and will send to R/3.

when u want to send details from payload then you have to select "apply from payload" and select "Reciever details from payload".

Regards.

sukarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understood that point but as per sap help documentation sender port , receiver port are such details are ALWAYS taken from receiver whether u check "Apply from payload" or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you check the "apply from payload" you shd check any of the "receiver from payload" or "sender from payload" options.

in your case, if you check apply from payload and sender from payload only, then reciever from payload will be taken from the meta data.

i think that is how it works. i never tested but understood this way...

try it and let me know if my understanding was wrong.

regards,

sukarna