cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Archiving : RSARCHD (Schedule Delete Jobs in Data Archiving)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This program enables scheduling of archiving delete jobs and it can be executed in both foreground and background. This is a very useful program when it works.

We're on 4.6C and have applied all the latest OSS notes.

We're experiencing some issues with this program.

Sometimes it runs fine both in foreground and background.

On occassions it will not run in either - in background it'll start and finish immediately without executing any deletion jobs and in foreground it'll return back to the source code or initial SE38 screen.

We've encountered this problem whether it is the only execution of RSARCHD or even if there is already existing run on a different archiving object.

Has anyone experienced this issues.

Your advice and help will really be appreciated.

I know that I can set to 'delete immediately' in the SARA customizing but choose not too for adhoc archiving objects with large volumes of data. The auto delete may submit too many jobs and use up the batch processors and that too can be resolved using RZ03.

I'm specifically looking for an answer to RSARCHD.

Thanks.

Soyab

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the value that you are providing for following parameters?

Max. number of files, number of sessions, number of jobs

Have a look at OSS note 820023 if you have not already gone through.

Cheers!

Samanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samanjay,

Thanks for your reply.

We've already applied this note.

The parameters do not seem to matter.

Soyab

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It check what other archiving jobs are running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soyab

i dont exactly know what the program "RSARCHD" does. I need to some research on this .

What kind of Delete Jobs are you running ? Is it for a single Object ? OR is it a bunch of Objects what you are archivng.

If it is for any specific object , then you can maintain the customising settings for that particular object in SARA and then archive the data.The settings need to be made according to the archiving-object-specific customizing .Archiving/Deleting the data based on indicidual objects will be easy .

If you could share with me the archive object(s) names, then i can give you some idea.