cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix KF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In 5.0, Do we need to create a second KF to store the fixing information ? If we set the PA setting as fixable, is that not sufficient to fix a KF ?

thx

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread. Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan

Atlast someone boldly saying something on this topic. Thank you. Did you test this feature that its ok to fix in PB ? and we need extra KF to extract the data out of PA ?

I am still not sure on this area. Because in SCM 5.0 help notes, they didnt mention as prerequisite to attach a fixing KF. Earlier versions, they have maintained that as a prerequisite. But not from SCM 5.0.

Anyway i am not really sure what will happen.

Are you sure that it wont extract out of PA ?

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Setting the "fixed KF" in the PA allows it to be fixable in the planning book - thoughThe Fixable KF is required if you have to do any data extraction from the Planning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, My KF is a BW KF, and it does not have fixing info.

but still i am able to fix this KF in pl book.

I dont know how to attach a screenshot here.

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Whats the point to have APO KF if we dont attach a fixed KF ? I have my KF as BW KF. But still i am able to do the fixing in the pl book. Can you pls validate this ? Now we are in prodn, and i cant change that KF or create New APO KF.

So will i face any problem in the future from Users complaining about the fixing ?

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure it is a BW KF? None of my KFs are FIXable. Can you please put a screenshot of your FIXable BW KF from RSD2?

SAP says ALWAYS use APO KFs in DP and this FIXing capability is supposed to be a special property with APO KFs.

Thanks,

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks for your reply. But my KFs are not having any fixed KFs. They are just single. But i am able to do the fixing in the pl books and saving it and seeing that fixed qty later in the pl book. So i have doubt whats the real thing here. In 5.0, do we not need a fixing KF or just PA setting is sufficient ?

Can you pls test this without a fixing KF and pls tell me.

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked again just to make sure. I see that FIXing can be done without the 2nd Key Figure so long as you have an APO type Key Figure.

This is FYI...

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basic thins is:

1. Create APO type KF,say KF1

2. Create another APO type KF,,say KF2

3. Insert this KF2 in the Field 'Fixed Key Figure' in the Type/Unit tab of KF1 in Txn RSD2 and save it.

4. Now in the PA choose 'Key Figure to be Fixed' option.

This makes the Key figure fixable. And of course then there are 2 options for FIXing which you can decide upon the business requirements.

Hope this helped.

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Subash,

My issue is related to fixing key figure values. Lets say i have two key figures X and Y. Both X and Y are APO Key Figures and both have same disaggregation logic.Also X is the primary key figure and Y is fixed key figure i.e Y is present in field Fixed Key Figure under Type / Unit tab in Transaction RSD1.Now here is my issue

1) i do not see Key Figure Y in the planning book. I went to edit planning book but i do not see this Y Key Figure in planning area under Key Figure Tab, which would let me add to the planning book. Any thoughtsas to why this could happen ?

2) Also i am able to fix key figure X ( Padlock Icon and number becomes pink) in interactive planning for a particualr month ( example March 08) , but when i do list cube using Remote Infocube, i still see value as 0 in key figure Y in the same month( March 08) .If i change unfix Key figure X for other month ( example April 08), and then if i access remote infocube, updated value for X appears.This means remote infocube is showing me updated information from live cache but when it comes to Key figure Y, it is showing as 0. Possible reason could be Key figure X value might not have got saved in Key figure Y. Any thoughts as to why this could happen.

I was going through this issue and i noticed your 4th point below

4. Now in the PA choose 'Key Figure to be Fixed' option.

I was wondering if this could be the reason. I tried to find out this option but i could not find in MSDP_ADMIN.

If possible, can you please share some of your insights on this.

Thanks in advance !!

Regards,

Pawan.