Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value of visual composer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Visual composer is no doupt an amazing tool

If a organisation uses MOSS 2007 as a part of their portal strategy with SAP Netweaver and SAP Systems being at the core for

all the business processes.

In the absence of Netweaver Enterprise Portal how can we extract value out of visual composer???

My understanding is you need a EP to use Visual Composer is it right??

Cheers,

sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

In order to use VC CE 7.1 modeled application in MOSS you can do the following:

• Create WebPart that includes an iFrame

• Browse to the VC Application from that iFrame

• Configure the MOSS single sign on feature to deal with authentication for you.

If you have a Portal with iView’s , MOSS has a built in iView WebPart to consume SAP iViews.

Regards,

Shai

Edited by: Shai Kfir on Jan 16, 2008 5:21 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

: ) sounds good !!!

I always wanted our internal IS Solutions Team to use Visual Composer but the cost associated with EP (30,000 £) put me off but i was sure there was some way ..... your reply has cleared my doupts : )

Thank you very much

So by purchasing a SAP NetWeaver, Composition Subscription we can access Visual Composer and create composite applications (i.e consuming SAP Enterprise Services from ES Repository in Netweaver PI )

Finally we can call these composite applications through MOSS web parts ..

Fantastic !!!

Cheers,

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the compliment

Visual Composer for CE (version 7.1) does not rely on Portal as it was in version 7.0. Modeled applications can also be reached using direct URLs on the J2EE server, so you can use it without EP.

I will investigate about the possibilities of integrating CE applications into MOSS and get back to you.

Regards,

Shai