cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice cancellations via VF11 - doc number range

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we cancel invoices through VF11, our system uses the same document number range for the cancellation as for the original invocie. This does work and you can see by looking at the document that it is an invocie cancellation. However we are not then easily able to pull a report to show which are invocies or cancellations without sorting by debit/credit values. Is there a way that the cancellation can be generated using a different document number range? Does anyone do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your current invoice number is at say 9055555. Create a new number range just for the S1 cancellations starting at say 9088888. Now all newly created S1's will use this 9088888 range. You will have to manually manage S1's (ala reporting) created previously, as they will always be in the old number range. If you do your reporting on document type, instead of document number, it's a non-issue

Take time and care in determining which range to use, and make sure you have enough numbers in that range to support the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The notes provided were excellent. Just a quick question, is there any implication in introducing a new number range when documents have previously gone on a different range? i.e. if our cancellations have alwasy been 900XXXXX the same as our invoices and I introduce 800XXXXX will I lose the previous cancellations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thaks all, I will have a look at what you have suggested.

Much appreciated

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can definitely have a separate number range for the invoice type S1. jus create the number range in snro using the object rv_beleg. assign it to the invoice type in vofa.

alternatively if u are using some reports or queries u can refer to the cancelled docs using the cancellation indicator in vbrk. and new invoices using the billing type s1, if u are not using any other.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

some Zdevelopment is to be developed to meet ur requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wendy,

Follow the path to change the number range

SPRO -> Sales & Distribution -> Billing -> Define Billing Types. Select your document type and change the No.range int assgt field.

The number range if required can be defined using the path

SPRO -> Sales & Distribution -> Billing -> Define Number Ranges for Billing documents

I do not see a problem in using different number range for the cancellation document as we follow the same process.

Regards,

Nadarajah Pratheb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

yes , we can use diff number range for cancellation document. How u maintained number range for billing documents? is thr any z table , combination like plant and billing documents?. please check and you can proceed accordingly.

thanks,

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can do this..iam assuming ur cancelation billing type as S1 (std SAP) ..then go into VOFA...for billing type S1..u can see the field "No.range int.assgt"..in std SAP this number range interval is 19....

create new interval using tcode VN01..click on change interval button ..in new screen, click on green "+interval" button and

give detail...for e.g

No From To

Z1 0000000001 0000199999

above "from" and "to" are just for example..here give the number range that is required by business and is available in SAP(meaning it should not overlap with existing number range)

Regards

Jagdish