Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will create the role for the "DEFINE MATERIAL GROUPS"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to create the authorization for the "Define Material Groups", the define material groups are calling throught the SPRO and has not transaction code.

SPRO-Logistic-General-Material Master-Settings for Key Fields-Data Relevant to Sales and Distribution_---Define Material Groups_

Please advise us

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any tx that directly goes to that config option - maybe someone in an MM fora may know...

If not then get an ABAPer to link custom transactions to views V_TVM1 - V_TVM5

Assign these transactions to roles along with auth object S_TABU_DIS with appropriate activity and Auth group VA

Another alternative is that yo may be able to include that customising node in a role - use the search for SPRO and there are a few posts with detailed instructions. Not sure if it will work in this case but worth a go?

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

use authorization object S_TABU_DIS with authorization group VA. of course, this would allow that all tables of that group could be maintained. you might think about assigning those 4 tables (TVM1-TVM4) a different authorization group (ZA or YA). you can then decide whether you want them to do that using t-code SPRO or SM30.

keep in mind that those tables are normally attached to the transport system - this will mean 2 things for you:

access for the people doing the maintenace to your DEV-system and allowing for transport authorizations (recommended) OR

make these tables 'current settings' in your production system (not recommended).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any tx that directly goes to that config option - maybe someone in an MM fora may know...

If not then get an ABAPer to link custom transactions to views V_TVM1 - V_TVM5

Assign these transactions to roles along with auth object S_TABU_DIS with appropriate activity and Auth group VA

Another alternative is that yo may be able to include that customising node in a role - use the search for SPRO and there are a few posts with detailed instructions. Not sure if it will work in this case but worth a go?

0 Kudos

how freaky - two consecutive answers to a quiet post

0 Kudos

freaky ... indeed.

0 Kudos

Freaky only because the answers are not identical

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

maybe so ... but merge them ...

0 Kudos

Can't find a "merge" button anywhere here. I don't think there is one. Sorry.

But I found transactions

- VMG1

- VMG2

- VMG3

- VMG4

- VMG5

quite easily

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

care to share how you found them?

0 Kudos

>

> care to share how you found them?

I looked directly into the table TSTCP for the views which you found in the parameter string with wildcards around them. I didn't even bother to check that the view names were correct... 2 simultaneous but not identical answers with the same views must surely be correct...

Cheers and have a nice evening,

Julius

0 Kudos

You have to love minisap's lack of decent func tcodes

0 Kudos

You 2 did the hard work though. I just took a shortcut at the end

I allow myself the liberty of being fair... (except I should have answered "I bought a big box of tricks and looked inside it"

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks all of you and your expert reply from your own expereince, your expert reply has been solved my problem, once again, I have assigned points to all participants.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS