cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encode UTF-8 to Win1251 problem with JDBC driver Interbase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day everyone!

I discovered encode problem with jdbc-connection from SAP XI to Interbase 7.5 Server. The problem is when we try to write russian char to some Interbase tables we get something like this "???????????" instead of normal chars.

I tryed everything with this problem: different charsets Win1251, UTF-8, Unicode_FSS, but it still don't work properly.

I think, this is problem with Interbase jdbc-driver "Interclient" or with Interbase itself, not SAP XI - because when I route SAP XI output to file, I get normal chars everytime.

How to fix this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you have to check, which codepage is supported by the database.

Maybe you need KOI8-R ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOI8-R

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interbase 7.5 Server supports Windows-1251, KOI8-R and UNICODE_FSS. I have tryed all of that, but still get "???" instead of normal russian char. By the way, this problem don't nfluence to english chars.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The database cannot support different codepages the same time. You have to check, what exaclty is configured.

When english characters are displayed correctly, but russian characters not, it might have a western codepage.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> The database cannot support different codepages the same time. You have to check, what exaclty is configured.

> Regards

> Stefan

Ok, let me explain: I have tables in database configured to windows-1251 (Cp1251) charset. In SAP XI I configure jdbc-adapter with following settings (with successfully deployed Interbase jdbc driver):

JDBC driver: interbase.interclient.Driver

Connection: jdbc:interbase://192.168.XXX.XXX/c:/server/supermagdk.gdb

To encode characters from UTF-8 to Cp1251 I use java mapping listed in "How To.. work with character encodings in process integration". I know that it works right, because when I use file adapter with this java mapping I get right russian characters.

So I think there is some problem with Interbase jdbc driver, because I tryed to write this data to MSSQL server and got right characters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have another question about this situation:

Did anyone use JAD to decompile JAR file of jdbc driver and changed code of driver?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you solve the problem:

Error occurred during back-routing Error in communication channel

I have the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved this problem by using FireBird JDBC driver instead of Interbase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander Silchenko,

I have problem Idoc-to-Jdbc scenario. My 3rd party database is firebird. I download jaybird jdbc driver. And I deployed our PI 7.01 server.

My communication channel settings like that;

JDBC Driver : org.firebirdsql.jdbc.FBDriver

Connection : jdbc:firebirdsql:10.90.5.136/3050:c:
bmerkez
data
bmerkez.fdb

But my scenario is not working properly. When I run the idoc, I got this error message:

Error occurred during back-routing Error in communication channel

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Rasim Donmez