cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerances in SRM extended classic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding tolerances in extended classic scenario and I hope that somebody could help me.

We use extended classic scenario. The tolerance group is attached to TOG attribute in PPOMA_BBP, tolerance key is DQ.

We also tried to use tolerance key CF, but it seems as if CF is not applicable for GR?

However, whenever we try to confirm more than PO quantity, we get an error message. “PO Ordered quantity exceeded by 1 EA“

It seems so that SRM has a ‘double’ tolerance check

• one in SRM against defined tolerance (via attribute TOG)

• one in R/3 against the PO tolerance

Now my question: Is this the expected behaviour or a bug? We do not want to maintain two tolerances. And furthermore most of the time we have PO’s without a material master. Are there any possibilities to skip the PO tolerance check?

Thanks for your help,

Martina

Edited by: Martina A. on Jan 15, 2008 1:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Martina,

The message "PO Ordered quantity exceeded by 1 EA" comes from the check in the backend.

And it is working as designed : within ECS, the 2 tolerance checks defined in SRM and in the backend appply.

Rgds,

Pierre

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martina, Neelesh

I am afraid Jagdeesh's suggeted config will not work for your requirement.

You need to do 2 settings in ECC:

1) Define Purchasing Value Keys (where you can define the over delivery tolerance or unlimited over delivery)

2) Assign this purchasing value key to a material group in IMG option : ENtry Aid for Items without material master.

The above 2 options can be found under IMG >MM>Purchasing-->Material Master

This should help you.

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki,

Hi all,

I have two more question regarding tolerances in ECS.

In SRM I maintained a tolerance group and I assigned a tolerance key. Afterwards I assigned the tolerance group to TOG in PPOMA. The tolerances in the R/3 system have been set up properly, too.

My question deals with the tolerance keys.

If I am using DQ for the GR tolerance in SRM everything works fine. If I am using CF and check the unlimited flag I would suppose that it should be working fine as well. But actually I get an error saying "Quantity too high (tolerance limit of 0,00 and EUR exceeded) (Item 1) ". Is this a bug or a feature?

Now the next question. We maintained the purchae values keys in R/3 for the material group. And we replicated the material group to SRM. Now when I am creating a PO in SRM, I would expect that the PO is filled automatically with the tolerances from the material groupm, but this is not happening :-(. Any ideas? Is there a special step in the replication of the material group?

I appreciate your help, thanks

Martina

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martina

1) Are you trying to use CF and DQ both ? If you have multiple tolerances applicable, the more restrictive one will apply in the document.

2) The tolerances defined in R/3 do not work directly in SRM. They are used only when the SRM tries to create a document in R/3. So, these are checked in SRM after saving a document and trying to transfer this document to R/3.

Best rgds

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramki

thanks for your help

Edited by: Martina A. on Feb 12, 2008 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

These things didn't help me.

My question is, how can I define tolerance key in ECC, if I don't have material master there. I meant to say, we just replicated material group from ECC.

As I said earlier, I have done all settings in SRM.

Please suggest.

Neelesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neelesh

You need to maintain tolerance limits for GR in ECC IMG.

Go to MM --> IM and PI --> GR --> Set tolerance limits.

Here define tolerance key B1 (for error message) or B2 (For Warning message) as required to your company code and maintain the over and under tolerances for B1 an B2.

These tolerance keys are for GR against PO variances and not for material master. or Material master you should use tolerance key VP.

Try the above. Hope it should solve your problem.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have defined everything like, creating tolerance group and assigning tolerance key to this group and assign this tolerance group to org structure.

Still facing the problem.

Neelesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Depending on the SRM version you are using, Please go through the links, which will definitely help ->

Please maintain the "TOG" attribute in PPOMABBP transaction in SRM.._

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

In addition to what I've told before, you need to define tolerance group in SRM and assign them in the org structure.

When no tolerance group is set in the structure, the system consider that no overdelivery is allowed.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

we are facing the exact same problem in same system( SRM50 extended clasic).

Somebody suggested that we need to define tolerance key (purchasing value key for particular material)in backend also. But we don't have material master in backend.

We just replicated material group from backend to SRM.

So, Please guys suggest us, what should we do here?

Regards

Neelesh