cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS service screen configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing ESS with ECC6.0 on EP7.

We are using Address service of ESS. I have two problems in this service. Please help me to solve these:

1. For subtype 1 of address, we need to show 7 standard fields on the screen. Out of these 7, 5 fields are already available by standard but remaining 2 fields are not available even with ctrlshiftright-click. How to bring those remaining two fields on the screen.

2. For subtype 2 of address, we need only enhanced fields of address to show on the screen. If I customize the screen using ctrlshiftright-click then the same screen gets reflected for subtype 1 also, which we don't want. So how to customize the screen as per subtypes?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Seema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are wanting behavior to change depending on the subtype, this will require code customization of the underlying Webdynpro. Doing iView Personaliztion (ctrl+right click) will not be your solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cristopher. Could you please tell me how to do this code customization of webdynpro and where to do it? Do we need to do this in webdynpro Java?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for code customization you need to have NWDI.

if it is not installed then search for JDI cookbook for ESS.Follow those instructions.once it is installed you need to checkout the code in NWDS and change the code and deploy on to server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

for you second requirement have you enhace your infotype?

if yes then,

web dynpro application is using the PA tables and same classes internally.

so while enhancing the infotype in PM01 just click on generate objects this updates the fields in the standard this works for SAP query.

you can try out this but i am not very sure about this.

Regards,

Umesh Chaudhari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry seema for wrong direction.

Please ignore the above message as it will not work here.

Regards,

Umesh Chaudhari

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/ess%2bpersonal%2binformation%2bui%2benhan...

above link will help you enhance the java screens but i doubt if this will meet your requirement. I have a suggestion for you. Develop a custom application in abap webdynpro or java webdynpro and handle this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barin. Can not we edit the standard Java application of address iview of business package?

One more query: When we log in to the portal with language EN, all std iviews of business package (ie. address, personal data, family & bank) are available. But when we log in to the portal with Finnish language, only family iview is visible and all other are not available. How to sort out this problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Seema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seema,

You have to change this in Web Dynpro applications. If you haven't done this still, let me know. I did same kind of customization for family member/dependents application.

Thanks,

Seshu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I am in need of some ESS customizations. I appreciate if you can throw some light on that. I appreciate if you can send me some documentation on how you did it.

Thanks

Vicky R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vicky,

I am sorry, unfortunately I do not have any documents for this on how to do it. But this is what I did to get to my requirement.

1)Splitting the family member/dependents application into two applications one for emergency contact subtype and one for family member/dependents application other subtypes.

2)End user required separate links on the personal information sub area homepage for Emergency Contact and family member/dependents. SAP has delivered only one application for all subtypes.

3)In the home page frame work another service link is created for the ‘Emergency Contact’ link apart from already existing SAP Delevered service link for the family member/dependents service.

4)Url Parameter ‘subtype’ would needs to be maintained for these two service windows with the subtype numbers to be displayed in that service ( ex: for emergency contact application: subtype=7 )

5)In the standard SAP webdynpro development component esspersap.com write a code to read the infotype data related to ONLY subtypes mentioned in the URL parameter ‘subtype’. This way for Emegency contact link only emergency contact subtype would be displayed.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks & Regards,

Seshu.

Answers (0)