cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to work with two different backend with same MI Server and war file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement that we need to work with one Middleware for two backends. For that we had to copy MAM30 sync bo's to zsync BO'S with the name ZMAM30. Now both sync BO'S will point to different backends.

I have a standard war file which was working well with standards sync bo's. Now to work on zsync bo's what all the changes do I have to do in the standard war file(code).

As per my knowledge we have a file called "syncbonamelist.properties" which maps the sync bo keys. Also there is another file called "mapping.xml" file which maps the package name with BO name.

Can any body please tell me, are there any other files needed to be change like "meRepMeta.xml", other than any existing code like java objects are also needed to be changed.

Your help in this regard is highly appreciable.

Regards

Murthy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murthy,

I try to get my head around the question:WHY?

The reason for my question is, that this influences the answer!

Because of several reasons it is NOT possible to handle MAM and zMAM Bos at the SAME TIME on the SAME MACHINE in the way you describe it - and it makes no sence to do so at all! But anyway......

Lets say you have two backends, cause you have two different areas of the company. But both want to use the same MI server - but the client should be independend.

So you need two apps. One uses the MAM BOs and the second one uses the zMAMBos.

If this is the case, dev should be straight forward I think and you solution should work already......... so I ask myself, what is the problem you have? Do you get an error?

- First create a new MEREPMETA-XML with just the zMAMBOs instead of the MAM BOs.

- Change the two files you mentioned above.

This should be all then.

If you have a look into the implementation for MAM001Impl for example, there you find a line like:

private static final String SYNC_BO_NAME

= ResourceBundle.getBundle("com.sap.mbs.mam.bo.impl.syncbonamelist").getString("MAM30_040");

This takes the name from the properties file and maps it to the real BO. So changing the name in the property file to

MAM30_040 = zMAM30_040

will result in MAM uses the zMAM BOs.

Be aware: after you place the WAR file in the WEBAPPS folder and do a restart to deploy the file, you need to do a data reset to make sure the new MEREPMETA.XML is read.

AND: two apps! one for MAM and one for zMAM BOs. One APP is not possible! Cause if you have something like that in the properties file:

MAM30_040 = MAM30_040

MAM30_040 = zMAM30_040

if will only take the first reading.

But I think this is clear to you anyway

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your detailed solution. As you said, we are working for a client where they have two diff. areas. One application is already been implemented, and we need to start for diff area, where requirements are different. Each of them have to use diff. backends. One of them is already using MAM Sync BO's, that's the reason we had to use diff. sync bo's.

As you said,

AND: two apps! one for MAM and one for zMAM BOs. One APP is not possible! Cause if you have something like that in the properties file:

MAM30_040 = MAM30_040

MAM30_040 = zMAM30_040

if will only take the first reading.

we will not have an issue like above, because our property file will have only one entry MAM30_040 = zMAM30_040.

Also as you said

1. First create a new MEREPMETA-XML with just the zMAMBOs instead of the MAM BOs.

2. change the two files you mentioned above.

Can I just rename the existing sync BO names in meRepMeta.xml without generating it from the Middleware.

Regards,

Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I think the easier way is to generate a second MEREP_META.XML file. Because there are relations (cascade) in the BOs - have you renamed them as well? I hope so -

It should be more easy to either do a complete download and then just delete the BOs you do not need. (but to be honest, I am a little sceptical if that works)

Or - and that would I go for, cause it is the clean root - you generate another MCD on the backend for the second Application (Trans: MI_MCD) and then download the related MEREPMETA.XML file in MEREP_SBUILDER.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I am doing both the ways...

1. Renaming the existing syncbo names in meRepMeta.xml file to zsync BO's.Because we just copied the standard syncbo's to zsync BO's, other than that there are no changes.

2. Generating the MCD in mi_mcd and generating meRepMeta.xml file for zsync BO's.

Regards,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just a question:

Because we just copied the standard syncbo's to zsync BO's, other than that there are no changes

The Sync BOS have cascading relations. If you have a look into MEREP_PD and go SYNCHRONIZER tab, you see column Cascade.

In there you see some number. Click on one of them. A window opens and shows cascade relations. Are these relations to ZBOS or to SAP standards? If to SAP standards - you need to change that as well with the renaming process prior to the import in MERPE_MIG.

Or was this done already? Then all shuld be fine.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

As you said, I have checked it in MEREP_PD, there are some relations in the cascade popup. I have compared both the custom and standard sync bo's there are some diff in them.

So better option is to download the meRepMet.xml file from MEREP_SBUILDER.

Regards,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

....and standard sync bo's there are some diff in them

Waht do you mean with that? If MAM30_016 has 4 cascades (MAM30_010,MAM30_030, MAM30_031, MAM30_095) then your ZMAM bo should have 4 as well to ZMAM30_010,ZMAM30_030, ZMAM30_031, ZMAM30_095. If this is not the case, check the renaming you have dine. Otherwise you will run into problems. Have you done the renaming in the file zou downliaded via MEREP_MIG or how have zou done that?

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)