cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Comm Channel not Polling data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In a JDBC to IDoc scenario, we have a sender JDBC communication channel which was set to poll for data in every 60 sec. It was working fine for long and suddenly it has stopped polling data. It's status was green and the channel was active.We couldn't find the reason so we configured one more comm channel keeping all the parameters same, and it has started working. We couldn't understand why it was not working earlier. Can any body please highlight on this?

Regards,

Sugata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jitendra_Jeswan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Delete the JDBC channel -> Refresh Cache (SXI_CACHE)-> create New One and this should work

• It happens without reason ********

Regards.

Jeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

its a known issue with FTP and JDBC sender communication channels.please check the SAP Note 1083488

Thanx

Aamir

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

try to stop and start the CC...as mentioned above check the queues also..

regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata,

This also happens sometimes when the queues are not cleared like we have some scheduled messages.

Please delete old LUWs from the queue for in SMQ2(inbound queue).

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have noticed something similar with File/FTP adapter.

If there is a period of inactivity - no data being sent/received, the adapter almost goes in to a dormant state.

when we notice this, we make a change to the adapter, save and activate and it starts up again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Barry,

Yes, it dont poll data from database although it was supposed to do so. We have tried to make some changes and then undo changes and save+activate. But that hasn't work.

@ PT Rao,

We tried that too, that also hasen't work.

@ Sumit,

could you please elaborate?

Sugata

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

go to SMQR and check whether there is any queues are still processing or waiting to process...if there are some then try to unlock them...

hope this works..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PT Rao,

Nothing is stuck in the queue.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The channel must have got locked in visual administrator. Deactivate it first and then go to visual administrator and then Locked Adapters. Delete the lock on this adapter from him. BASIS should perform this.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata,

Check this thread...

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VJ,

I have checked against the Locked Adapters in Visual Admin but didn't see anything. Please give me some other idea.

Sugata Basu

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the status of this Adapter in RWB.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sugata ,

I was not able to trace the root cause for this problem yet. But I got an ugly patch work, that solved this problem.

I copied the JDBC sender commn channel to a new name and changed the sender agreement accordingly. This solved my problem. Try this and let me know if it helps.

P.S: Do you have a large load on this channel?

TJ