cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-forms in SRM-MDM catalouge

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to set up E-froms in the SRM-MDM catalouge but are not able to find any documentaion of how this is done.

can anyone help?

What is requied to make the E-forms - you need Adobe or are there other ways to do this.

In MDM you set upp a URL type-but what do yo link it to?

Hope anyone can help

Regards

John-Kjell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi john,

There is sap note 1114371 that describe dynamic webforms and product configuration.

Hope it help you to solve yr problem.

Please update the status if it help you.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can take help from this [Sample forms|http://www.sampleforms.org/]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even we are facing the same "No good documentation" problem , on trying to implement Eform functionality for our client.

I have maintained Eform( Url of a Adobe form designed through Adobe Designer)

for a catalog items - Hyperlink Qualifed table

and on opening the Catalog webdynpro, In the Shopping Card preview of the Catalog Item I could see the Eform link , on clicking the link the webdynpro is throwing a exception(dump) .

The SAP Note: 1114371 , says

1. Eforms i.e Add-on Dynamic web forms is build on Webdynpro ABAP Technology

(not Adobe interactive forms designed by Adobe Designer).

2. Individual OCI mapping per web form. Concatenation of required info into OCI Longtext Desc.

that means Step1 ,instead of Adobe form i have to develop a ABAP Webdynpro in SRM system and maintain that URL in the catalog items - Hyperlink Qualifed table , but how do i perform Step2 .

appreciate if somebody can throw some light on this .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lanka,

note 1114371 explains that the solution for the E-Form is build on SAP Add-On technology. This means, you have to install an additional component on your SAP Server, e.g. SRM 5.0. The prerequisite is the SAP NetWeaver 700 ABAP Stack.

This Add-On allows you an individual and completely dynamic configuration of multiple Web Forms. The attributes on the Web Form can be bound to the OCI parameters respectively. The configuration is done in the cluster view via transaction SM34 or by some upload mechanism via Excel sheets. Given the included Badi technology you can additionally run validation checks by raising error/warning messages, and you can manipulate the attribute values. In case of business cards you could for example read the user attributes directly from an SAP HR system.

If you need further information about this Add-On just let me know.

Regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

We seem needing to use these DWF's as well. Therefore, more info on this add-on, how to obtain this and any associated documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Atash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atash,

the Add-On called Dynamic Web Forms has been built by BeNeering. Please visit their website at www.beneering.com in order to get more information on the product or to contact them directly via e-mail.

Kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here we are apparently mixing 2 things:

- the famous add-on developped by that company that is add-on you need to pay for

- the functionality that appeared in SRM 2.0 SP2 where you can link a Form to you product.

I think what the others are searching and me too is documentaion about this last one.

Is somebody having something around it

Thanks

RD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anybody who can put some light to the questions asked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the SRM-MDM e-form interface is providing very similar functionality to the SRM shopping cart OCI interface. When creating a new shopping cart in SRM, you can access the supplier catalog SRM-MDM for purchasing goods and services. Once you select the items in the catalog, you can transfer these items to the SRM shopping cart.

Now, the e-form logic follows the same approach, but it resides now on the SRM-MDM catalog. The e-form for SRM-MDM is the same what is the catalog link for the SRM shopping cart.

The SRM-MDM design provides an e-form punch out interface. This interface works on OCI basis, posting HTTP requests to the WebForm where user can maintain additional data like simple business cards, or more complex configurations like service procurement with consulting, catering, etc. Once the WebForm is completed, the WebForm attributes are sent back to SRM-MDM over the OCI interface.

The e-form application is not delivered as an SAP software, it is only the e-form = punch-out = OCI interface. The tool behind this punch-out has to be developed, or purchased from a supplier like [BeNeering |http://www.beneering.com] having the Dynamic Web Forms Catalog.

If you are planning to develop a WebForm yourself, you have to follow the OCI specification, similar to the approach WebShops connecting to SAP SRM are doing. You can find details on the OCI integration in the PDF document BeNeering are providing on their Web Site. See deployment variant with SRM-MDM.

Hope that helps.

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

We are planning to develop our own DWF Dynamic web form -web dynpro.

My reqirement is interetsting in the fact that I start in SRM shopping cart then launch MDM catalog. I search and select a catalog item, the user selects one particular line item to change the price on the item.

This is where i need a DWF. To do so I need to click on a link to launch my DWF / eform. (how do i do this) can it be achieved vis SM34 and make changes to cluster VC_WDKLAYOUT or BBP_WS_VC?

Where do we declair this link? in the SRM_MDM_UI application (OCI links available)...

you say in your responce

"If you are planning to develop a WebForm yourself, you have to follow the OCI specification, similar to the approach WebShops connecting to SAP SRM are doing. You can find details on the OCI integration in the PDF document BeNeering are providing on their Web Site. See deployment variant with SRM-MDM."

I have been on the BeNeering website and looked at the Dynamic web form 2.0 but this document doenst talk about OCI integration ...Do you have this info? so i cna See deployment variant with SRM-MDM......

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

There is a field hyperlink in maintable in srm_mdm.In this field select type eform and put your link there.

when you launch your catalog (make sure in configuration ui "Enable Use of Electronic Forms" flag will be true)

in SC preview you will get link with text that you maintain in url description field in mdm.

Hope it helps .

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu

I understand about enabling the use of catalogs on the SRM_MDM UI general tab.

but i dont understand your stament..."There is a field hyperlink in maintable in srm_mdm.In this field select type eform and put your link there" yes i must enter a hyperlink of type eform in srm_mdm..where..its not clear what your trying to say

cheers

alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi alex,

To maintain eform links SRM-MDM provides a field called "Hyperlink" which is qualified field to "Hyperlinks" qualified table.

Fields that are in qualified table are

1. Type

2.Mime Type

3.Url

4.Url Description

What you have to do is for your record ,fill the information if "Hyperlink" field

Type : eform

url : yr webdynpro form

yrll description : any user understandable text

After input this information just launch catalog you willsee this link in sc preview under eform coloumn.

Just check and get back with yr results.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

How are you? I am wokirng for a utility client now for impl SRM7. They planned to use supplier portal to communicate with the suppliers.

now, I have a question here.. is it possible to send the attachment to the supplier via supplier portal with the emails? do you have any idea on this?

Thanks

Raj

SRM Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did this set up finally worked? When I define my webdynpro URL as below in MDM-SRM I get the message that the service com.sap.mdm.srmcat.eform.ElectronicForm is not active.

I'm wondering if the service .....eform.ElectronicForm service is not deliverable as an add-on by BeNeering or is it a standard SAP one?

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please go through the Recommended SAP OSS Consulting Notes, which will definitely hep and answer your queries ->

Note 1114371 - Dynamic Web Forms and Product Configuration

Note 939539 Document attachments to request forms not cleared in portal

Note 871427 Mail Form Preview not working in PCUI

Note 852561 Request form adjustments after upgrade to MDM 3.00

Note 834009 Attachments to workflow request forms

Note 835621 Request forms: New BAdI - MDM_REQUEST_FORMS

Note 830761 MDM Request forms: Short dump during start of workflows

Note 643623 Performance Enhancements for Bank Details Development (PCUI)

Otherwise you just go through this thread as mentioned below:

I hope this will help you.

Any further details, just let me know.

Regards,

Saurabh..

Reward with points, if found helpfull.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

most of the mentioned notes belong to MDM 3.0. Those notes are invalid for MDM 5.5 and above. So please do not mix up the different MDM releases

Thanks & best regards

Michael