cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Template manager in Adobe Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to WebDynpro. I am trying to import templates in Webdynpro Adobe Designer.

In the Interactive Form Designer, there is a Menu called "Tools", which has option "Template Manager".

When I select a template there is only a buttion Set Selected as default after i click it but nothing happen!! Can anyone please let me know how to use the Template Manager?

Thanks.

Edited by: bo wang on Jan 15, 2008 9:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly is your requirement? Because from Template Manager you can just, make a default template. That will help you when you want to create a new form based on the template.

If you want to import any PDF form or any template designed by you, you can open it in FormDesigner.exe.

Regards,

Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Exactly my Q is: how to create a form based on template?

Thanks for your help.

bo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bo,

You can go to File --> New --> Select Based on a Template and then it will give you list of available templates.

Select the Template and start designing.

Other way is, if you already have a PDF or XDP file then select third option "Import a PDF Document".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

In the Adobe Designer view I only have the menu like this:

Edit View Insert Layout Tools Palettes Help

But can not find Menu "File"

bo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I think you are designing form using WD Java or ABAP.

In this case go to Tools --> Import and select the file.

Regards,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I am using WD for java

follow your way in the:

Tools->Import the pop-up window only ask me select a .xft file from the local disk but not the template group??

bo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, here you dont have option of using standard template. In this case, just right click on the Project name shown in WD perspective on the left hand side of screen and check the Projectlocation in Properties --> Info.

go to "Projectlocation"\src\configuration\Components. Here you can find the XDP file. Open this XDP file, in this XDP you have File option. Select the template, and save the file.

This change will appear in WD.

With regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

I opened the "Components" but it's empty, i can not find the XDP file.

is anything i missed somewhere?

I just create a WD application and insert an Interactive form to the view now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you have to insert an Interactive form Component and then check at that location. If your component folder contains any subfolder then check in that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Yeah in the Components it's my package folder while it's empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My package folder is

com.app.App while it's empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Save your project once, and then check again the same folder. It should not be empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

yeah I got it and thanks for your help.

is it the only way to use the template? i mean just find the XDP file in the local disk for edit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think yes, rite now this is the only way of using Templates in Adobe forms.

Regards,

Manu

Answers (0)