cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in invoice printout for second line item of the contract.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two line items in the contract. Both with different material and different plants. 1st line item with plant japan, and 2nd line item with plant singapore. But, when i try to take printout for 2nd line item after invoicing it, the address appearing in printout is of Japan instead of singapore.

Any idea why this happening?

Please revert back asap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

atgsd_atgsd
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ....i am trying to take a print of a specific line item...but when i take a print out it shows all the line items from the sales order...any idea where i may be going wrong...although i have selected the item for printing and also the output is assigned at the item category. do we need to use a different program for item level printing..?

atgsd_atgsd
Participant
0 Kudos

hi ....i am trying to take a print of a specific line item...but when i take a print out it shows all the line items...any idea where i may be going wrong...although i have selected the item for printing and also the output is assigned at the item category. do we need to use a different program for item level printing..?

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

If that is a header output, then there are issues at the design level itself. You have an output as header output and you expect the item level details to be printed in two different printouts.How is this handled in the program. Mostly header outputs are used to print the details abotu all the items in the doucment , not for a specific item. If you want to print a specific item only , then it is always advisable to configure the output as item output.

Leaving that aside, the problem lies in the code. You may be selecting the item number when you are printing the details of the second item, but for printing address, you are not coding using the item number.

To prove this test this scenario.

Create an order with first item belonging to Singapore plant and second item Japan plant.

Now create the otuput for item1----it will work fine

Do the same for item2-----Now, the plant address will be of Singapore, while the material belongs to Japan.

If this happens, it can be safely assumed that problem lies in the code. Do this test and then if the problem is in the program, discuss with your developer, he will rectify the bug for you.

You can reward me if this solves your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navaneetha,

This sounds logical.

Will try and will let u know.

Thanks alot.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

This may be a problem in the coding.

Try creating the output for the 2nd plant before invoicing. If the problem araises in that case also, then for sure it is a problem in the program. You should ask the developer to look into it.

BTW...Also update whether you are using header output or item output. That can be a deciding point in finding out the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

We are using header output in this case.

For line item 10, that means, for first line item, output is coming fine, that is for japan plant, but for second line item, somehow, system is picking japan plant only from the first line item instead of singapore plant for second line item.

Why is this happening? you still think, its because of some coding problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Barokar,

Kindly verify if the information is based on the header or item partner functions.

In certain cases, it may be meaningful to seek information for printing, based on item partner functions.

Trust you find the information useful.

Regards,

K Gopidas.