Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Text to Production Order Text

shinjiin
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When creating a sales order in VA01, I added in some comments in the item level Texts tab.

How can I configure the system so that when a production order is created from this sales order, the comments entered in the sales order will be automatically populated in the Long Text tab of Production Order header.

This is because during the creation of sales order, there may be certain comments and/or instructions that need to be passed to the production line. We want the texts to flow through to the production order automatically.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you want to enter a text in a sales order within the

make-to-order production, [Production memo] will be available for this purpose in order to be visible in Production Order.

1. Select the item in the sales order

2. Select Goto -> Item -> Text

3. Create a production memo by specifying the language key

After saving the sales order,you can go to Production Order and now a new tab called "Production Memo" will be visible to you. Here you can see the same text you entered in sales Order. Reward points if this has helped.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shinjiin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is solved.

In SD side, there's a transaction VOTXN. Change the configuration for Sales Order Item.

Add a Text ID 0006 (Production Memo) in Textprocedure with Access Sequence 21 (Material Sales).

In Access Sequence 21, map Text Object VBBP (Sales Order Item Text) to ID 0006 (Production Memo).

Save it.

When you create your sales order, in the item text level, you'll be able to see an additional text type of Production Memo. Enter your text here and save the sales order. When production order for this Sales Order is created, Production Memo tab will automatically appear (as mentioned by Peter earlier).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had a similar requirement. This thread was very much useful and I got the solution.

Thank You.

shinjiin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information. I've done exactly as you proposed, but I do not see any additional tab in my production order. Is there any user exit(s) I will need to customize for this purpose?

Thanks!

Shin Jiin