cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution channel ( tax problem )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus ,

I created distribution channel with reference to standard SAP distribution channel "01" .

Beacuse of this , In tax classification , "DE" and tax category MWST is appearing by default at the time creation of customer master and material master .

i also check it is not assign to tax determination rule for country india . I want to remove that tax classification .

Kindly pls suggest corrective action for this .

further I can't delete distribution channel now this stage .

Thanks & rgds

Anchal Pawat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

well as far as my knowledge goes, for customer master, tax category is fetched based on country in general tab and has nothing to do with distribution channel..so if u change the country as IN in genereal information..based on Tax category assigned to IN will get fetched

for material..tax category is fetched based on country assigned to plant..so check the country of plant in OX10 tcode

still for distribution channel..language can be selected ..while defining distribution channel..select the distribution channel and from menubar..utilities->choose language

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply ,

However tax cateory is not changing based on the customer master counrty in general tab .

I came conclusion for distribution channel effect becuase i create one another distribution channel without copying from standard . In that sales area Tax category is correctly determined .

Whether any other country based setting is required .

I hv also change the language of distribution channel .

but no impact .

For plant counrty is IN only .

Thanks & rgds

Anchal pawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the material master Sales org 1 view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well anchal,

Sorry..i was bit wrong..here are the details

The system displays the countries provided in the customer master based on "the plant assignment (plant country)

for the distribution channel and sorg (transaction OVX6)."

so check what are the plants that u have assigned to ur Sorg and DC....countries of those plant will be shown in customer master

The system displays the countries provided in the material

master based on "the plant assignment (plant country)

for the distribution channel and sorg (transaction OVX6)."

so check what are the plants that u have assigned to ur Sorg and DC...countries of those plant will be shown in material master

Let me know whether this resolves

Regards

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jagdish m

Yes u rightly said , by default standard plant was assigned to my newly created distribution channel and sales org because i hv copied the settings from standard one .

NOw i deleted that by default setting . my problem is resolved now .

Thanks & rgds

Anchal Pawar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ms Pawar,

Could you also kindly verify the country in the plant involved in the document?

Regards,

K Gopidas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is not because of dist. channel, it is because of ur customer's country.

Please check ur entries in customer master general data.

Also, if u want to change, go toSD, Basic function, Taxes,define tax determination rules. Assign rules to to the combination. then assign the required countrycode in the customer master data.

Hope u can solve ur problem

Reward points if it is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

to be honest, i have not tried this for MWST. i am sure there are better answers but you can try this in a sandbox environment.

first, create a new access sequence for MWST. in addition to standard, add distribution channel as a variable. so when you create MWST condition records using VK11, theoretically the distribution channel can be a defining key.

of course, the FI guys have something strong to say about this. but its just for trial.

good luck and regards.