cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project copy issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a project that I wish to copy and after modifications redeploy as another application. I thought this exercise would be simple but have burned the better part of a day with my issue. Below are the steps I'm following...let me know if there is a better way.

Running version 2.0.20

1. From the Navigator view I copy & paste my project. Upon paste I update the project name and location.

2. We I try to create an application I get the message below.

The operation has to be aborted to do language problems

Please try ...

In my ECLIPSE_HOME/eclipse/.metadata/.log file I have the following:

!ENTRY com.tssap.util 4 0 Jan 14, 2008 18:22:26.568

!MESSAGE Jan 14, 2008 6:22:26 PM com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.core.DCProject [Thread[main,5,main]] Error: No DC Proxy for FileC:/Documents and Settings/Gpreston/.dtc/LocalDevelopment/DCs/it.intv.com/partnervc/_comp/.dcdeffound

If I look in the mentioned file I see that the component name is wrong -- changing it has no affect on the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I guess you can't proceed by the way you are going.

Because when you create DC project, it generates DC definition, and DC definition can't be same for two different projects.

Create your own DC project Copy the component of the project you want to copy and then paste this component in new DC project which you have created.

After that rename the component ( while renaming click next not ok, so that renaming of the component remain in sync in all of the View and controllers.)

Then make the application and try deploying.

Just make sure your component name and application name should be different from the previous, otherwise it may give you error in deployment.( Cluster wide exception.)

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks ,

Namrta Mahajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Thank you very much!!!

/Greg

Answers (0)