cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how master data can be loaded into R/3 ?

poorna_yalamanchili
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a doubt about how many ways can we load the master data into the r/3 system other than manual entry ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

examples:

-batch input

-by CATT

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For uploading data in R/3,

CATT and LSMW are the ways .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for master data we can use

LSMW or eCATT, BDC or MASS t.code in SAP.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easy way to upload master data is using CATT.

Simply, any one in SAP can use this tool as long as you can access to the tcode. I used CATT atleast in 3 different SAP modules. Typically, in SAP projects, CATT execution is a favorite task for "technical" associates. When the technical resources are either not available immediately or their plate is full with other important tasks, functional associates can simply jump into this activity, since there is no coding or programming involved. This tool has been a great gift from SAP since I am a functional person and could not do coding ! I can remember at least 30 or 40 occassions where I used CATT to get this and that done.

Below find few examples:

1. Created multiple sales orders (excess of 200) in a matter of minutes for the purpose of end user training

2. Created multiple purchase ordes (excess of 200) in a matter of minutes for the purpose of end user training

3. Created Deliveries for the sales orders in a matter of minutes for the purpose of end user training

4. Created config. entires, if the volume of records is large. I remember once I entered 900 records.

5. Extensively used in preparing the transactional data for the purpose of archiving. It worked impeccably.

6. Loading of master data (example: material groups)

pls go through this document.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fd/f10538d6cb1e3be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

http://www.sap-img.com/sap-catt.htm

if it is helpful reward some points

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you can use t-code LSMW to upload your master data.

in LSMW, the system records the transactions you use in creating master data (for example, MM01 - create material master). in the process, you create a master data manually. then you identify which fields you need for your upload template. this is first done in a DEV environment and will be transported later to your target environment.

then, you have to set up your master data template. normally, you start with EXCEL. the column headers are the data fields you identified in LSMW. after saving this template (with the data), this is translated to a delimited text file. it is this file that LSMW will use for uploading.

hope this helped. thanks for the reward, if you so consider.

regards.