Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the initial password for users in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

It is possible in portal to change the initial password

for 20 or 30 users in one step, instead of manually

changing the passwords for each users.

Please advise.

We are on NW 7.0

From,

PT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to change my password at portal but this error fate :

"Unknown iView Mapping ID: prttarget. Syntax: /irj/go/km/{iView mapping ID}/{resource path}"

15 REPLIES 15

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is your intention ...?

Normally, only the user himself / herself is supposed to know the password. For exactly this reason the system prompts the user to choose a new password if the old password was set by the administrator (which then also knows the password).

Furthermore: your inquiry sounds like as if you intend to set the very same password for all those 20 - 30 users ... - that's not very wise ...

0 Kudos

This is for test users in out QA portal.

I need to set initial password for 20-30 users.

I was wondering if there is any program that I can use.

From

PT.

0 Kudos

You can use LSMW to do this.

0 Kudos

Matt

Can you please let me know how LSMW will work for QA portal users?

Thanks

From

PT.

0 Kudos

Certainly. You will need to create a text file in CSV format (you can use Excel to do this) with two columns: UNAME and PASSWD (or something similar). Then in each column, you put the relevant usernames and the password you want to set.

Then, using transaction LSMW, you must create a Recording in which you will go into SU01, enter one of the usernames, click the change password button, then enter the initial password in both fields and click the green checkmark. Save the recording. Back in the main part of LSMW, you create a project (you can give the subproject and object fields any name you like) and go through each of the steps in order -- most of them you won't need to do anything but save the defaults. You'll map the column headers UNAME and PASSWD to the identified fields from your recording and also identify the source text file. Eventually you get to the point where LSMW reads the file and creates a batch input session, which you run as you would any other batch session (SM35).

Once the project and file are created, you can rerun any time you like, skipping all the steps until "Read Data" then just repeat all steps from there on each time you want to rerun.

Since this is a non-production system, don't be afraid to experiment and test. It may take a couple tries playing with LSMW to get it going, and not all of it makes sense (it has a lot of options for more complex transformations that you don't need for this task), but don't worry about that.

--Matt

0 Kudos

I got the impression that the task here was to reset the Portal passwords, not the SAP passwords. If users are connecting via a portal and SSO, their SAP passwords should not matter (in fact, the SAP passwords would probably be de-activated in the first place). So, in order to reset passwords in the portal, you'd have to do this for whatever LDAP you're using, which for most installations would probably be W2K server or something... in other words, we're talking about W2K passwords here, right? Not sure if there is a possibility to do mass resets via the portal, but the LDAP gurus should know.

Regards,

Trond

0 Kudos

Correct the task here to reset the Portal users password not SAP Users.

0 Kudos

Passwords are save locally in Portal Database for QA.

0 Kudos

Pranav,

r u using LDAP for SSO?

0 Kudos

No ... As I mentioned we are not running LDAP for QA.

All the users are saved on local database of portal.

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Use the user import function of the UME to update the passwords.

-Michael

(posted in the NW Identity Management forum)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to change my password at portal but this error fate :

"Unknown iView Mapping ID: prttarget. Syntax: /irj/go/km/{iView mapping ID}/{resource path}"

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Raouf,

Looks like you should start a new thread. Your question does not really relate to the original question.

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not seen a SAP supplied method for easily performing this task. However, if you are interested in a third party tool, you could use a program such as Loadrunner's virtual user generator. It's essentially a script generator that copies a users actions and allows you to repeat a number of iterations over a web page.

I'm sure there are a number of other applications that have similar functionality. Hope that helps.

JP Calabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

You can change password for 20-30 portal users, if you have "connection" between LDAP and Portal.You can do it in Active Directory (LDAP) only, not in Portal.

Regards

Dmitriy