cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-reaction method working, but email going out is delayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have ECC 6.0/NW7.0 (SP 13), and have an email auto-reaction method set up for whenever ST22 Dumps occur. It appears to work okay, except that the email going out to the distribution list (via SCOT) is delayed by the "message from the application" (this is the information I get from SCOT in Client 000), and thus the email is not going out for 7 hours after the dump occurs.

1. What application could this information box be referring to (SAPMSSY8?)?

2. How do I get the email to get sent out within a few minutes (10) from the time that the ABAP Dump occurs

This worked, I believe, prior to SP13 being implemented.

Edited by: Michael Gibbs on Jan 14, 2008 10:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

have you gone to transaction SCOT and checked what the time setting is for sending out emails on the SMTP server?

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

RSCONN01 is running every 5 minutes, which should be sending out the emails once the alerts are created......There's some application that is telling SCOT to wait before sending these emails out, but I can't seem to find where this is.

UPDATE....It was simply the system time in T# STZAC.....

Edited by: Michael Gibbs on Jan 28, 2008 3:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Michael,

glad to see you fixed it. Can you explain it a bit further for me? I don't quite understand the solution.

thanks,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

For some reason, in client 000, the sytem time had been changed to use CET time instead of CST, which essentially is what created any messages going out from scot to be delayed...When I edited Transaction STZAC to reflect the correct time (CST), the emails went out at their correct time without any delay...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have same problem..

my client 000 shows system time in STZAC as CET

and in client 100 it says EST with time zones active..

is this the reason for the delay in sending the auto e mail alerts..

if so do I have to maintain the clients in the same time zones??

or have to change one of them?? what wil be the effect on the other performance of the system...

Regards,

Kris.