cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 5.0 - MDM 2.0 - Refreshing Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you refresh a repository? We need to reload our repository in order to remove the invalid data.

Thanks,

Jerry Martinek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jerry,

There is no need to reload the repository. Just goto in Data manager, delete those records which you want, after deleting all the records, repository automatically will get updated.However there is a option in data manager to refresh the repository, Just go to in "View" menu, you will find the refresh option for data manager and chages will be shown on the SRM System (EBP).

In Case, if you change the schema of your repository, then you must have to load the repository with the option"Update Indices" then only changes will come into effect which you have made in your repository.

Hope this will help you!

Regards,

Saurabh..

Rewards with points if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

I need to delete about 2500 records. Deleting the individual records will take too long.

Thanks,

Jerry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry

Do not to reload the repository. In Data manager, delete those records which you want, after deleting all the records, repository automatically will get updated.

To delete that much records make a validation which can select those all invalid records like nd then delete them.If u can explain me the scenario why they are invalid i can givea littile bit more help.

Regards

Ankit

Hope this will help you!

Edited by: ankit jain on Jan 16, 2008 4:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

To delete the record, you can use the different search criteria on the records in data manager and according to these search all the record will be displayed and just select all and you can delete the records in one shot.

I mean to say that for example: the records which belongs to perticular category and you do not want to keep those records in your repository so according to those records, perform the various search and get all the records in one shot as per the search and select all (ctrl-a) and delete all.

This is only the way, you can delete the records from the repository via data manager.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

saurabh

reward with points if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

If u want to delete any invalid data then u can delete it via MDM Data Manager.

After deleting the data automatically the repository gets refreshed and u can see the effect on the SRM side.

Hope dis helps u

Regards Tejas..........