Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth Objects edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following questions on the authorization objects:

1.I am to remove an Auth object from about 30 odd roles , some of which are Composite roles. My question is ;

1.Is there a way to do this in one shot ? rather than getting into each role one by one ?

2.What will be the impact onthe composite...which is agian a collection of Sngle Roles.

3. I prefer just to" inactivate' the object than delete/remove it , what are your thoughts ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1.Is there a way to do this in one shot ? rather than getting into each role one by one ?

Unfortunately not. There are some threads in the forum about directly editing tables AGR_1250 and AGR_1251, but for 'only' 30 roles I'd do it manually.

> 2.What will be the impact onthe composite...which is agian a collection of Sngle Roles.

Composites themselves do not contain authorization objects, so there should not be any impact. After editing the singles you don't even need to transport the composites again.

> 3. I prefer just to" inactivate' the object than delete/remove it , what are your thoughts ?

Disadvantage is accumulation of 'mess'. Advantage is the ability to internally document why the object was disabled. Just doubleclick on the object name in PFCG and edit the title.

HTH

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Agree with you. I prefer to inactivate it . but here again even if I delete it , the changes will be caprtured in SUIM so now really th echoce is where does one wnat the mess!! in PFCG or SUIM !..No wI prefer SUIM to hol dthe mess though !

Thnx

0 Kudos

The reason behind the inacivation is also because somewhere in this forum I recall " teachers" mentioing that if not inactivated there are chances that the PFCG may load up the profile having the original comparisons even if an user compare is done. thans

0 Kudos

PFCG only fiddles with the objects if transactions are added/deleted to or from the role menu. Under some circumstances it seems that deactivating objects rather than deleting them prevents PFCG from re-adding them.

Haveing the deactevated object in your role can give you a clue what to do with a new one if it (re)appears.....

YMMV

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Jurgen,

What does YMMV mean ? is it a new tcode that answers all your questions !!

0 Kudos

>

> What does YMMV mean ? is it a new tcode that answers all your questions !!

It's actually newsgroup/message board slang and stands for: "Your Mileage May Vary" as in miles to the gallon for your car.

The results I got in my situation may be different in yours.

Cheers

Jurjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use SU24 for modifying the auth. objs. in this case, you can deactivate the auth obj, instead of deleting it.