Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign authoration to a group

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to assign in automatically way the roles to users only thrugth the groups.

i want it to give authorization without the organizational management because i want that the assignment will be maintained only throuth the CUA. (not in prod systems)

tnx

oren

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a good approach. S_USER_GRP auth object "user group" is not used by all tcodes, you cannot catch everything. CUA with org mgmnt should not be a problem, have the functional people work on the PA and OM and let security ride on those functionality. I have about 37K Production users in CUA with ECC 6.0 & SRM with no problems. We anticipate, HR, Payroll, E-recruitment & ESS going live soon.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos

hi

first of all thank you for your answer

to work with the organizational management, i have to enter each client even that i create them in the CUA. (because every client have another management of organizational managment)

i want to assign the autorization role to a group because i want to be equable for all the users in the same group...

i already familiar with the option to copy users or another option to create them and then assigning them to the roles with eCAT.

oren

0 Kudos

If I understand correctly your OM is different in each system base on your reply "(because every client have another management of organizational managment)". This does not sound very promising, your functional people should be reading from the master OM in ECC then run their replication process. You should not maintain many different OM.

I have not run into a situation where each system have different OM is CUA. I am sorry but I don't think I can assist you with your request.

Good Luck!