cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading on Aggregated Levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i am loading the data from cube to PA, i see there is good change in the total qty in PA. I see the numbers are different if i load on aggregated levels ( say if i load on just 3 chars out of 10) to the load on detailed level.

Why this should change in the totals ?

Any idea ?

Thanks

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread. Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when i am loading the data from my backup cube to PA, I am loading on 3 chars (grouping condition) out of total 10 chars. I have just loaded one KF from cube to the same KF in PA. Then i see my qty in PA is much higher than whats there in the cube as totals. I am confused why i should get more data than the cube. I understand if its less, may be deletion of CVCs, etc.. But how its getting increased to ?

What does exactly the grouping condition mean ? I understand that all records are grouped under those chars in totals and disaggregates later. But i am seeing my PA totals dont match with the Cube totals. Cube totals found to be lesser than PA totals.

fully confused with this.

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

I am not sure I understand your question. When data is loaded from an InfoCube to the Planning Area at an aggregated level, the data is disaggregated down to the detailed level using the disaggregation types defined in the planning area (per KF) and the data is also aggregated up to less detailed (totals) levels. It might be easier to understand your issue if you list the steps executed and what you see in the planning books before and then after the load.

Sean