Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am XI beginner.

I have created Data type,Message type,message interface.

Now,I want to do mapping between sender and receiver message interface.I don't know how to map it in the graphical editor?

Do I need to drag and drop the source and target message type in the graphical editor?

Could you please let me know on this urgently.

Thanks and Regards,

XI Developer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must to map all mandatory fields in the target message. The mandatory fields have a red ball in left.

You have to do a message mapping and interface mapping. In the message mapping you create a mapping program from graphical editor and uses this program in Interface mapping.

There are a lot of information about that in SDN.

Regards

Ivá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your responses.

However,my query is how to drag and drop the sender message type and receiver message type into the graphical editor.I have issues in drag and drop.

As soon as I drag and drop any one of sender or reciever message type,I am finding the graphical editor disapperaing.

Could you please explain more on this?

Regards,

XI developer.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Java web start ?

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this seems to be an issue with the Java Web Start that you have.

goto Java WS -> File -> preference -> advanced and clear the folder

Open IR again and see if it works.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are not dropping in the correct area. Just Drag the message type and take it to the graphical editor. Don't drop it! Move little bit left to the hand symbol shown. Now you can see rectangular selection box sort of thing, once you see that then drop it.

Your graphical mapping editor is not disappering!! Since you drop in the wrong place Message type opens up in another window. In the bottom of your screen you can see both Message type window as well as Mapping window, isn't it?

If you feel uncomfortable doing drag and drop, then best would be as Doss suggested you can click on the help icon and do insert.

raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Do I need to drag and drop the source and target message type in the graphical editor?

Yes

Double click on the Source and required Target element and click on Source and map to the Target.

Or

Directly select the Source and map to the Target.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your responses.

However,my query is how to drag and drop the sender message type and receiver message type into the graphical editor.I have issues in drag and drop.

As soon as I drag and drop any one of sender or reciever message type,I am finding the graphical editor disapperaing.

Could you please explain more on this?

Regards,

XI developer.