cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Lock table overflow' in V_V2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using transaction V_V2, when we run it the transaction is failing and we are getting 'Lock table overflow' errors.

I've had a look into this and I can increase the lock table size with parameter enque/table_size, but SAP reccommend against this until you know what is causing the issue.

Speaking to the users they have about 10,000 open orders at any one time for the region, they cannot restrict very easily using material number or plant, as it just processes 1000's of documents as the same material is in each order.

I'm the basis admin and I am investigating this problem, has any one had this problem with transaction V_V2 ? any ideas on how to restrict it? the users run this in dialog but I am guessing we will get the same issue in background as it is the number of transfers.

Thanks for any help, points will be given for help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check sap notes...example:301166

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Warwick

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked SAP notes but cannot find anything linking V_V2 with the lock table overflow error, there are plenty of notes for the lock error overflow, SAP's general advice for this lock overflow is to investigate the problem causing the overflow, rather than just increasing the overflow table parameter size.

I think the problem is being caused by how the users are using transaction V_V2, so I was looking for any advice on how best to use V_V2 and if anyone on here had seen the same error and how they dealt with it.

We are running ECC 5.0 release.

Thanks.