cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faxing adobe pdf forms using actions in CRM service process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Does anybody has experience in sending adobe PDF forms as a fax using actions in CRM service processes? Currently I use this by implementing a PPF BAdI, but what else configuration, software and hardware requirements I need to make faxing work in CRM?

Is it possible to use 3rd party software to send the fax for example winfax and transfer the fax number to this?

Regards:

Gabor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gabor,

From application side:

FAX is not different at all from mail. You set the correct recipient and SAPConnect will transfer the message to the FAX node.

From SAPConnect side:

you have two option:

1. SMTP faxing. In this case the mailserver transfers the faxes to the Faxserver.

2. RFC faxing. In this case the FAXserver must have RFC interface that SAP can use.

e.g. Ferrari fax or TOPCALL.

Best regards,

Dezso Pap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dezso,

As far as I remember, we already know each other

Our company have been using winfax in the past for sending fax messages. Now that they will use SAP-CRM shall they buy a new fax server? I have looked after Topcall, it might be useful with RFC?

In CRM service order, I use the EXEC_METHODCALL_PPF BAdI implementation to collect the data from the service order, and then use the standard function modules to "print" or "fax" the PDF document (call function FM_NAME).

At this function module, which structure do I neet to enter the recipient's fax number (I read somewhere that I have to use DEVICE='TELEFAX' in the output_options - is it true?) ?

Or should I communicate from the BAdI with Business Communication Services (create recipient and similar methods)?

Is there any way to send the fax from the local machine where the user uses the SAP GUI?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and support!

Gabor

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gabor,

if it was possibble to send mail from SAPOffice with the old Faxserver it should be ok also for this case. I do not know that product, check wether it is SAP Certified.

For PPF: I would recommend to use BCS interfaxe to send the doucument. There you can control evrything easily and attach the Adobe document as attachment.

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dezso,

First of all, thank you very much for your kind help and support!

Our company didn't use any SAPOffice product for faxing in the past, they simply used a windows program and winfax driver to send faxes. So that is why I asked you that they should buy a fax server software.

In my opinion we should use BCS in CRM, but it is not my decision how will it happen, my task was only develping the forms, and write the program.

I read in your blog and other SDN blogs that it is quite easy to send faxes and mails with BCS if everything is configured well.

Best regards,

Gabor